Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

targeted: Citi Premier 5X TYP up to $500 spend

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

targeted: Citi Premier 5X TYP up to $500 spend

Got this email yesterday from Citi, it's pretty self-explanatory but TL,DR is 5X TYP/$ up to 2,500 TYP on online/in store category spend through 3/31/21.  Must sign up by 2/15/21 to participate.

I got the offer on my Premier card but Citi has been known to extend these types of offers across multiple core cards so it may be worthwhile to doublecheck if you have any TYP-earner.

image.png

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: targeted: Citi Premier 5X TYP up to $500 spend

@coldfusion wrote:

Got this email yesterday from Citi, it's pretty self-explanatory but TL,DR is 5X TYP/$ up to 2,500 TYP on online/in store category spend through 3/31/21.  Must sign up by 2/15/21 to participate.

I got the offer on my Premier card but Citi has been known to extend these types of offers across multiple core cards so it may be worthwhile to doublecheck if you have any TYP-earner.

image.png

Nice! I got 10% for gas groceries, and wholesaleSmiley Wink. Sears never disappointsSmiley Wink

Message 2 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

image.png

Nice! I got 10% for gas groceries, and wholesaleSmiley Wink. Sears never disappointsSmiley Wink

Citi usually sends me snail mail around the 2nd full week of each quarter with my Sears offer so there's still hope for me yet.

I hope this time your offer had a low enough threshold that you could actually leverage it for the next 3 months.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

image.png

Citi usually sends me snail mail around the 2nd full week of each quarter with my Sears offer so there's still hope for me yet.

I hope this time your offer had a low enough threshold that you could actually leverage it for the next 3 months.

$500 . Actually not bad but im just trying to pay down debt and with my sisters always asking for help, im in  no position to help out SearsSmiley Sad

Message 4 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Nice! Hoping they toss the offer my way on my Prestige, Rewards+, or my Premier.
Message 5 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Loquat wrote:
Nice! Hoping they toss the offer my way on my Prestige, Rewards+, or my Premier.

Every morning I wake up and I say to myself " Remedios, no one is ever going to love you like @Loquat loves his TYPs" 

Message 6 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

Every morning I wake up and I say to myself " Remedios, no one is ever going to love you like @Loquat loves his TYPs" 

@Remedios Yaaazzz!  I love my TYPs.  Smiley LOL   Most folks can't stand them or Citi but I've found really good use for them.  Although Virgin Atlantic is really starting to frost my cookies with this new devalued award chart they launched without notice a couple of days ago.  

Message 7 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

Maybe not, but Heart anyway

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 8 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@Remedios Yaaazzz!  I love my TYPs.  Smiley LOL   Most folks can't stand them or Citi but I've found really good use for them.  Although Virgin Atlantic is really starting to frost my cookies with this new devalued award chart they launched without notice a couple of days ago.  

You can definitely get good value from them if the stars align properly.  As long as Citi keeps giving me easily achievable incentives I'll keep racking up points.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 9 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@coldfusion wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

You can definitely get good value from them if the stars align properly.  As long as Citi keeps giving me easily achievable incentives I'll keep racking up points.

@coldfusion Exactly.  Citi is easy and they don't whine about the manner of how I earn the points.  My current setup is the Prestige, Premier, Rewards+, and Double Cash.  This covers all of my spend categories.  I rolled all cards into the same TYPs number so I'm currently getting the 25% uplift from the Premeir (sad that's going away in April) and the additional 10% back on the first 100k redeemed because of the Rewards+.  It has been wonderful...especially for ATL to ICN via Virgin miles.   

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.