Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tdbank tdcash cc keep $3000 deposit this is 25th months not graduated yet

tag
mustangy1
Valued Member

tdbank tdcash cc keep $3000 deposit this is 25th months not graduated yet

Tdcash get 3k and open 3k of line thanks for  too many months before statemnt spent  and paid  before cut off,
never goes over %20 statement balance and has other credit card 3k capitalone 3k chase veird tdcash,
did not graduated and saving account secured deposit  never  returned.

i read td return deposit some for some  people in 7 months  returned,
i have business account with them with a good returns and high amount spents?? 
What is wrong with this type of customer dear td ?
Should i close account ask for return (this is noy good for avarage age of account) ??
Just wait lets see how long they keep deposit (i really do not care how long later it return i dont need it now) 

TransUnion 727
EQ 707
EX 680

BK7 may 2016
capitalone 3.8k

Discover 2000.00

mercury 3500
ebay 9000

apple 3.8k

amex BCE 5000 authk
11 REPLIES 11
mustangy1
Valued Member

do not go to tdbank secured card td keeps secured amounth for 2 years

and td has a sketcy auto payment options as code wirter i never had succes to avoid fees late fee $27 overdraft $35 
really some law makers need to fight those scma fees i never heard of in europe thos insane fees, 
ok will never spent tdcash again just stay there until canceled, banking is corrupted in usa

TransUnion 727
EQ 707
EX 680

BK7 may 2016
capitalone 3.8k

Discover 2000.00

mercury 3500
ebay 9000

apple 3.8k

amex BCE 5000 authk
Message 2 of 12
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: tdbank tdcash cc keep $3000 deposit this is 25th months not graduated yet

I'm sorry. Your first post was unreadable. I understand you have had a bad experience. I apologize if english isn't your first language.

Could you try again to explain your issue?

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 3 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@mikesonthemend wrote:

I'm sorry. Your first post was unreadable. I understand you have had a bad experience. I apologize if english isn't your first language.

He opened a $3000 secured card with them and it hasn't graduated in over 2 years. He now has a $3k capital one and $3k chase, so he doesn't understand why they won't unsecure the card, especially when he's read about the card unsecuring in 7 months for other people. He has a business account with TD with high spend also. He wants to know if it'll hurt him to close the card, or if he should leave it since he doesn't need the money anymore to see how long it takes to unsecure.

Message 4 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

You can close the card because it will continue to give you positive history for up to 10 years. Ideally, you want to have at least 3 open cards for optimal revolver scoring, but if they're not unsecuring it, close it and open a new card elsewhere.

Message 5 of 12
mustangy1
Valued Member

thanks guys, 
sorry sometime my english not clear usa for 20 years still not enough i guess, 
Tdbank was my only bank after bk 2014 i used their credit card business acccount really on high amount 
and obviously they take advantage of this situation 3k secured deposit keept for 25th months and their auto pay selection is tricky basicly it cost me much more than any other banks on fees late fees 
and as a former coder i can see too many traps for user there like 
1- why auto payment is soo tricky you need aba route number and date of payment (lol this is keep changes every month)
2- why we been charged $35 late or overdraft fees when both spending and deposit is same day even deposit is ealier than spent time 
3- every unexpected payments will cost you $35 

400 000++ pkus a year business account do not deserves tricky hacks 
24th months never late pay never over %10 still deposit is there for 25th months for secured credit card Smiley Sad 
really some law makers is need fight american bankers 
closing tdcash secured card and thanks for so far, 

in short bye bye td 

TransUnion 727
EQ 707
EX 680

BK7 may 2016
capitalone 3.8k

Discover 2000.00

mercury 3500
ebay 9000

apple 3.8k

amex BCE 5000 authk
Message 6 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

He opened a $3000 secured card with them and it hasn't graduated in over 2 years. He now has a $3k capital one and $3k chase, so he doesn't understand why they won't unsecure the card, especially when he's read about the card unsecuring in 7 months for other people. He has a business account with TD with high spend also. He wants to know if it'll hurt him to close the card, or if he should leave it since he doesn't need the money anymore to see how long it takes to unsecure.

You the Man.
I was going to help out other poster understand what OP was saying too, but you beat me to it. 😁

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

You can close the card because it will continue to give you positive history for up to 10 years. Ideally, you want to have at least 3 open cards for optimal revolver scoring, but if they're not unsecuring it, close it and open a new card elsewhere.

+1

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP

It's not that your English is not clear. It's just that you don't use punctuation which makes it difficult to read. 

It's not a good idea to spend money if the money is not already in the bank to cover it. The current balance and available balance are two different things: current is total amount in account which includes pending transactions; and available is the amount excluding pending transactions (the amt you can spend and/or  withdraw on that specific day). 

From your description, it appears you are making deposits but before they clear, the account is being debited by purchases. You can prevent these fees by either having an overdraft account; or have your checking account linked to a savings account; or ask that no payments be made if available balance can't cover purchase or a payment; or keep enough money in the account so that the deposit/debits are not in close proximity. 

Spending and depositing on the same day is never a good idea. A deposit can take 2-5 days to clear depending on type and amount. 

I do understand why TD won't unsecure the deposit if your acct is not in good standing because there are many OD fees. So, you can close the account and ask for the return of your $3K. And since you have your business acct with them, it may be time to move your accounts to another bank. Honestly, I think the last time I had an OD was in the 80s.

You have to bank with a bank that works with you, not against you. Sometimes it's a good thing to breakup when things are not working out. 

GL2U

Message 9 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

OP

It's not that your English is not clear. It's just that you don't use punctuation which makes it difficult to read. 

It's not a good idea to spend money if the money is not already in the bank to cover it. The current balance and available balance are two different things: current is total amount in account which includes pending transactions; and available is the amount excluding pending transactions (the amt you can spend and/or  withdraw on that specific day). 

From your description, it appears you are making deposits but before they clear, the account is being debited by purchases. You can prevent these fees by either having an overdraft account; or have your checking account linked to a savings account; or ask that no payments be made if available balance can't cover purchase or a payment; or keep enough money in the account so that the deposit/debits are not in close proximity. 

Spending and depositing on the same day is never a good idea. A deposit can take 2-5 days to clear depending on type and amount. 

I do understand why TD won't unsecure the deposit if your acct is not in good standing because there are many OD fees. So, you can close the account and ask for the return of your $3K. And since you have your business acct with them, it may be time to move your accounts to another bank. Honestly, I think the last time I had an OD was in the 80s.

You have to bank with a bank that works with you, not against you. Sometimes it's a good thing to breakup when things are not working out. 

GL2U

Yes, certainly no point in keeping the money there just to see how long it takes to return the deposit.  Who cares!   From your viewpoint, the bank is giving you a lot of headache, so just take your business to another one  (unless there is some other advantage)

I don't quite understand about autopay.   If you set this up on their credit card site, it can pull the money on the due date without you needing to do anything.   Are you pushing from the bank side?  

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.