cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

think i just made dw happy (one can never be sure though)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

think i just made dw happy (one can never be sure though)

as some of you know i recon begged chase for a 300 cli on my bp store card to upgrade me to the visa (weird that i had to beg considering i've since had approvals for as much as 10k). well i got to looking on the chase website and they issue the starbucks card as well (dw was shot down for it awhile back).

it's only been a month or so, but chase just let me convert the bp rewards visa to the starbucks duetto card. now there's a rewards program that we will take advantage of (she already spends a ton of money there anayway).
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: think i just made dw happy (one can never be sure though)

Congrats on your card approval.
Message 2 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Nice
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks guys. i never would have known about recons, or product changes before you guys.

appreciate the help everyone has been on this sucess and many others.
Message 4 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm sure that she'll be a lot happier about this than the Hooters mag! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats --nice hunting trip.

PS: Is "duetto" some new Starbucks flavor?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'm sure that she'll be a lot happier about this than the Hooters mag! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats --nice hunting trip.

PS: Is "duetto" some new Starbucks flavor?

lol, too funny. just earned some hooters reward points this afternoon (i think she only agreed to go because i left the house w/o my glasses).

anyway the duetto card acts like a gift card, it's where all your reward points are stored. so essentially you can accumulate starbucks points for purchaes and store them for you morning caffeine shot all in one card.
Message 6 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@dnm45227 wrote:

lol, too funny. just earned some hooters reward points this afternoon (i think she only agreed to go because i left the house w/o my glasses).

Does this mean we call you "squinty" now? Smiley Very Happy

Sounds like a neat card for the caffeine-drug-of-choice crowd. I'm glad Chase likes you --they won't give me the time of day, at least not until some of my lates celebrate their birthdays.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I personally like Dunkin Donuts Chai. I spend lot of money at DD. I am not sure why Chase is not issuing any DD cards yet. I think one of the CC companies should make a deal with DD and start a card soon.
Message 8 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Red1Blue wrote:
I personally like Dunkin Donuts Chai. I spend lot of money at DD. I am not sure why Chase is not issuing any DD cards yet. I think one of the CC companies should make a deal with DD and start a card soon.
Smiley Surprised A Krispy Kreme Visa! Smiley Surprised Sign me up!

This would work --my hands would shake so much from the sugar rush that I wouldn't be able to use the card.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@dnm45227 wrote:

Does this mean we call you "squinty" now? Smiley Very Happy

Sounds like a neat card for the caffeine-drug-of-choice crowd. I'm glad Chase likes you --they won't give me the time of day, at least not until some of my lates celebrate their birthdays.

doc says i only need them for distance, but i can really tell a dif w/o them.

my last federal occupational health physical, the nurse said i had 20/20 w/o them. so not ready to give up the ducky monicor just yet.

as for chase being in love w/me, not quit. i had the card almost a year before i asked for a cli to upgrade to the visa (only asked for the 300 needed to be eligible for the upgrade) and was instantly shot down. i only rcvd the cli on a phone recon from a really cool underwriter.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.