Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thinking of applying for a chase freedom

tag
avinac9
New Visitor

thinking of applying for a chase freedom

I 've been repairing my credit... started off at mid 500's now at 600s all because of a student loan that I couldn't pay off. Im now making payments as agreed and currently have 3 open credit cards all paid on time. Im currently at Ex669 Eq649 and Tu639 my lowest. I really want the freedom card but I'm afraid of getting a hit on my report. I know chase pulls experian which isn't too bad. I've heard of people getting approved on lower. But I'm afraid my student loan will affect me. Do you guys think I should give it a shot or put it off one more month. I know my score will definitely be higher by then....
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shelly313
New Contributor

Re: thinking of applying for a chase freedom

@avinac9 wrote:
I 've been repairing my credit... started off at mid 500's now at 600s all because of a student loan that I couldn't pay off. Im now making payments as agreed and currently have 3 open credit cards all paid on time. Im currently at Ex669 Eq649 and Tu639 my lowest. I really want the freedom card but I'm afraid of getting a hit on my report. I know chase pulls experian which isn't too bad. I've heard of people getting approved on lower. But I'm afraid my student loan will affect me. Do you guys think I should give it a shot or put it off one more month. I know my score will definitely be higher by then....

When is the last time you opened your last credit card, and when did you get your first credit card?

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Message 2 of 7
avinac9
New Visitor

My last credit card was opened around mid march and first one in mid december
Message 3 of 7
Shelly313
New Contributor

mid march of this past year?

In my Wallet:
Message 4 of 7
avinac9
New Visitor

Mid march of this year December of last
Message 5 of 7
Shelly313
New Contributor

If it were me, I would wait atleast 6 more months.  Only because you just recently started establishing your credit, and getting your loans on track.  You don't want to get a HP inquiry for nothing.

In my Wallet:
Message 6 of 7
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Chase can be forgiving, but like Shelly said, If it were me, I would wait a while. 

I was approved with a similar score as you for the Freedom with multiple baddies (a few only a year old at the time), and a paid CO that was three years old at the time.  What I did have going for me was a long history.  I had a mortgage 11 years ols and another account for 17ish years.  During my rebuild, I did the Cap1 in Oct 2012, Wally the next month.  Then I did the Chase in March of 2013 with a 1k approval.  The next day I did the Dicover and got a 1k limit as well.  I hope this helps you in comparison.  Again, if there is no rush and you already mentioned not wanting the INQ hit for nothing, I would just make it a future goal.  

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.