Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

those of you with NFCU...

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

those of you with NFCU...

Next month I'll have my secured nrewards card for a year. I've been told by several reps that I can call and request my card be graduated and possibly a Cli and probably apr reduction. My eq fico has gone up pretty good from a year ago was at 501 now is 660 ish as of a few mos ago but beginning of next month 3 inquiries hit a year. So I'm hoping with 3 accounts hitting a year and the inquiries hopefully I can hit 680. Btw I only have a small derogatory reporting due to fall off 5/2013.

I also have another CC with them that will be 6 mos old.

Should I request increases on both or just focus on the secured card for now?
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: those of you with NFCU...

@rootpooty wrote:
Next month I'll have my secured nrewards card for a year. I've been told by several reps that I can call and request my card be graduated and possibly a Cli and probably apr reduction. My eq fico has gone up pretty good from a year ago was at 501 now is 660 ish as of a few mos ago but beginning of next month 3 inquiries hit a year. So I'm hoping with 3 accounts hitting a year and the inquiries hopefully I can hit 680. Btw I only have a small derogatory reporting due to fall off 5/2013.

I also have another CC with them that will be 6 mos old.

Should I request increases on both or just focus on the secured card for now?
Your scores have improved dramatically in the last year of good credit management. If I were you I would speak to a Rep on the phone and hope for only one credit pull as they unsecure your secured card and give as much increases as they can. Definately ask them how much of a CLI you qualify for given your current financial picture.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 7
adavis425
Established Contributor

+1

Do them both at once.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 3 of 7
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies. Webhopper yes I've asked several times and have been told it would only be one pull for both accounts. I make 50k a year and I would be pretty happy if they gave me 5k limit. I Have the platinum card which has a lower apr but I usually run most of my charges through the nrewards. I've piffed both accounts every month since new so I hope that helps
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 4 of 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your rapid credit improvement. I hope they are generous with both accounts. Otherwise, you will be in a good position to apply to other banks.

Good luck to you.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 7
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

If I were you I would ask them to upgrade your platinum to the cash rewards visa signature and give you a 5k limit. Also see if they can unsecure your n rewards and give you a 1.5k CLI. Those are not overly ambitious in my opinion given your history with them. And your current scores. Congrats on those nice scores by the way!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 7
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Thanks its amazing what patience and persistence can do to credit lol. My nrewards secured just has 500 limit and my platinum card has 1000 limit so what you stated webhopper should be do able hopefully.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.