cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to those that use Sallie Mae regularly at Amazon...

tag
vagrants
Regular Contributor

Re: to those that use Sallie Mae regularly at Amazon...

@Turbobuick wrote:

On the paper statement is only lists "Amazon.com AMZN.COM/BILL WA" for each purchase. There is also "Amazon Marketplace Pymts" which I assume to be sales associated business/partners and likely not covered by SM. 

I suppose to be sure, we will just have to monitor the charges/rebates for a few months. 

Thanks!

You have it correct.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 11 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

At least some gift cards count.  I buy WholeFoods giftcards, these are supplied by an Amazon affiliate and get 5%

Another thing that doesn't count is the payment for Amazon Prime, just got charged that and is 1point per $.

Message 12 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@vagrants wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

On the paper statement is only lists "Amazon.com AMZN.COM/BILL WA" for each purchase. There is also "Amazon Marketplace Pymts" which I assume to be sales associated business/partners and likely not covered by SM. 

I suppose to be sure, we will just have to monitor the charges/rebates for a few months. 

Thanks!

You have it correct.

No, Amazon Marketplace Pymts does count.   Just looking at my transaction history.  

TRANSACTION
DATE 
 DESCRIPTION PURCHASES CREDITS REWARDS
EARNED 

07/28/14

In my Amazon order history the above shows as; "Sold by British Grocery"

Message 13 of 29
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@vagrants wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

Thanks!

You have it correct.

No, Amazon Marketplace Pymts does count.   Just looking at my transaction history.  

TRANSACTION
DATE 
 DESCRIPTION PURCHASES CREDITS REWARDS
EARNED 

07/28/14

In my Amazon order history the above shows as; "Sold by British Grocery"

Not always. I didn't get 5% from Mkt Plc before. Mkt Plc is just a 3rd party. YMMV situation.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 14 of 29
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

I'm currently waiting arrival of our Sallie Mae cards. We are regular customers of Amazon and probably average about $250/mo. We currently use the Chase/Amazon 3% rebate card, but soon we are getting an additional 2% bonus with SM! Yay!

Questions...  I searched but didn't find if there are limitations other than spending limit.

We purchase many items on subscribe/save, ie the preset purchases that arrive monthly or whatever is set up. Also, Amazon has a littler known perk for charities. Instead of going to amazon.com  you enter smile.amazon.com and 1/2 of 1% of your purchase goes to a charity of your choice. There is no additional cost to the purchaser.

Are these scenerios covered the same as the Chase/Amazon card? Are there any purchases/limitations that wouldn't earn the 5% cash back?

Thanks!

In terms of charities - I read on the FAQ and it says that it's the same as Amazon, so it would be coded the same way. Nothing changes except you can donate 0.5% to a charity of your choice. MY questions is - why don't more people know about this? I sure didn't!! Thank you!!!! I shop at Amazon like crazy!

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 15 of 29
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@collinsridge wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

I'm currently waiting arrival of our Sallie Mae cards. We are regular customers of Amazon and probably average about $250/mo. We currently use the Chase/Amazon 3% rebate card, but soon we are getting an additional 2% bonus with SM! Yay!

Questions...  I searched but didn't find if there are limitations other than spending limit.

We purchase many items on subscribe/save, ie the preset purchases that arrive monthly or whatever is set up. Also, Amazon has a littler known perk for charities. Instead of going to amazon.com  you enter smile.amazon.com and 1/2 of 1% of your purchase goes to a charity of your choice. There is no additional cost to the purchaser.

Are these scenerios covered the same as the Chase/Amazon card? Are there any purchases/limitations that wouldn't earn the 5% cash back?

Thanks!

In terms of charities - I read on the FAQ and it says that it's the same as Amazon, so it would be coded the same way. Nothing changes except you can donate 0.5% to a charity of your choice. MY questions is - why don't more people know about this? I sure didn't!! Thank you!!!! I shop at Amazon like crazy!

When I'm donating, I don't use credit cards. I give them cash. If you really do care about the organization you are donating to, you wouldn't use CC to donate.

Message 16 of 29
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

@vagrants wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

Thanks!

When I'm donating, I don't use credit cards. I give them cash. If you really do care about the organization you are donating to, you wouldn't use CC to donate.

???? But whatever you buy at Amazon, it gives 0.5% to a charity - correct me if i'm wrong, but it's not like you have to do anything you wouldn't do when just regualrly purchasing off of Amazon (other than click what charity you're giving to)

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@collinsridge wrote:

@vagrants wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

Thanks!

???? But whatever you buy at Amazon, it gives 0.5% to a charity - correct me if i'm wrong, but it's not like you have to do anything you wouldn't do when just regualrly purchasing off of Amazon (other than click what charity you're giving to)

You are correct, the donation is on behalf of Amazon, not the purchaser just needs to be done on smile.amazon

Message 18 of 29
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

@vagrants wrote:

@collinsridge wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

Thanks!

You are correct, the donation is on behalf of Amazon, not the purchaser just needs to be done on smile.amazon

Exaclty. It's free money to a Charity....... Not like you're buying something extra. Good stuff.

Message 19 of 29
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@vagrants wrote:

But we're not donating. Amazon is donating in their name on our purchases. Business as usual, but charity wins. There is no personal tax deduction or anything.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.