Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tv/cell/utillities

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: tv/cell/utillities

Huntington Voice has 3% for utilities and you can change it every quarter if your spending categories change!

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Amex 5 % on simply cash for cell. Soft pull if you have Amex, and hidden trade line.

That's one reason why I've been seriously thinking about getting this card. Been comparing that, BBP and Amazon Biz.

I only wish it was for utilities as well, instead of just Cell.

Be nice to find one card to pool several of these off categories, most of them seem to only focus on Dining/shopping/gas.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Janus: I have all 3. i love them all. I LOVE AMEX...
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dlister70 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

BBVA Compass ClearPoints’ utilities 3% category includes utilities, cell phones, and cable in it. BBVA’s categories are extremely broad. 

I haven't heard of this card before, so I went and looked it up.  It has several categories that I don't typically see.  You can pick one for 3% and one for 2%:

maintenance, dining, gas, grocery, utilities, travel, business, retail, health care, entertainment

I wonder what maintenance covers?  Does retail just mean any brick and mortar store?  What does business cover?  And health care?!?  Are you kidding me?  I could get 3% back on my hospital bills?

Interesting card.. I guess only the 3% category makes sense since you should have a 2% card for everything else anyway.  It also looked regional from the wording on the website.  "BBVA Compass operates in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas." but it was unclear if they issued the card outside of those areas.

The ClearPoints categories are insanely broad. I ordered from Woot Gourmet and they coded it as groceries (interesting since it used to be Wine Woot and its still billed as such). They even coded a PayPal purchase from Dell Outlet as retail and I’m not aware of anyone else who does that, Dell Outlet is refurbished and scratch and dent which disqualifies them for category cash back from most. 

BBVA counts my Comcast bill and my Xfinity Mobile bill as utilities so I use the card for those. 

They are geo-fenced unless you get a mailer. Those mailers have been going out all over the country. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd never even seen or heard of them until I found this sight, and just recently received a mailer a few weeks back.

Message 15 of 16
digitek
Established Contributor

I have the Vantage West Rewards card that does include utilities, tv/streaming/digital subscriptions, internet, and cellphone in their "Utilities" category.

I am thinking of dropping it actually and just using US Bank Cash+ with utilities and tv/streaming/internet. I moved cellphone to a card that offers insurance on them. Not sure if you pay for insurance on your phone OP, but this might make more sense for you, too. Uber card has really good cell phone insurance and no AF.

The Vantage West Rewards card is kind of a pain in the butt to deal with. The rewards system is outsourced and it causes lots of issues with getting correct points. Second issue I've had with it is going on right now and I sent 2 emails a week apart that received no response at all so I called and was told theyd make a ticket about the issue and get back to me in a few days... I'm missing all bonus points for about 4 months of last year. I only noticed when I went to cash out.

On the other hand US Bank is solid and I already have the card. Trying to simplify.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.