two cards for my gf

tag
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Re: two cards for my gf

@myjourney wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
Chase and citi pre-qual are by far best.
Discover has like 2 different screens come up that confuse some about being pre-qual when they are not BUT if you get the full on pre-qual. It's golden.

like this?

@myjourney wrote:

Tell us about her profile for better results?

I did in the OP lol.  One CC from Chase that we got in february.  No negative items on any CR.  

Take the discover card good to go...Yay

That was with my info O:-)

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 11 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@zyzzus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
Discover has like 2 different screens come up that confuse some about being pre-qual when they are not BUT if you get the full on pre-qual. It's golden.

like this?

@myjourney wrote:

I did in the OP lol.  One CC from Chase that we got in february.  No negative items on any CR.  

Ok lol

Lets start over 

My recommendations 

Discover (1)

Citi forward student (2)

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 19
zyzzus
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

like this?

@myjourney wrote:

Ok lol

Lets start over 

My recommendations 

Discover (1)

Citi forward student (2)

citi seems like such an odd lender.  what are your thoughts on BOA better balance rewards (i think thats the name of it)?

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 13 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@zyzzus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

like this?

@myjourney wrote:

Ok lol

Lets start over 

My recommendations 

Discover (1)

Citi forward student (2)

citi seems like such an odd lender.  what are your thoughts on BOA better balance rewards (i think thats the name of it)?

Yes Citi is ODD...Lol

But very friendly to students so that's a big plus The better balance card IMHO is more for a balance transfer card and not a daily use card.Just IMO tho..Others may think differently

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 14 of 19
trying583
Established Member

Resurfacing

What is the full on or pre-qual for discover?

Message 15 of 19
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Trying I posted a screenshot of it a few pages ago (on mobile right now can't quote)
From what I understand it would need to have one interest rate quoted not a range and a disclosure regarding opting out.

I'm thinking discover would be good for her. Anyone know how they are with recon?? Also thinking of a Barclay card they are great with recon if necessary.

Message 16 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@zyzzus wrote:
Trying I posted a screenshot of it a few pages ago (on mobile right now can't quote)
From what I understand it would need to have one interest rate quoted not a range and a disclosure regarding opting out.

I'm thinking discover would be good for her. Anyone know how they are with recon?? Also thinking of a Barclay card they are great with recon if necessary.

Discover great with recon

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 17 of 19
trying583
Established Member

I see it.  Thanks buzzed.

Message 18 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Afaik, Discover is not as easy to recon. Could be wrong but they are definitely not Chase.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.