Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uChoose Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

uChoose Rewards

I am curious if anybody here has a credit card that is part of the uChoose Rewards program? If so, please let us know what you think and how the cash redemption works. My understanding is there are several credit unions that use uChoose Rewards. Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: uChoose Rewards

UChoose?

Know about CURewards.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, Birdman. Yes, it's uChoose and here is a link with their FAQs.

https://www.uchooserewards.com/e/members/article.php?method=faq

I think I'm going to hold off unless I get some real reviews from the community here.

Message 3 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think many of those CU reward programs are relatively weak. Usually the cards are good for fewer fees, lower interest, etc but the rewards are usually just okay, nothing to write home about. A 2% cash back will outperform a lot of them. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can’t beat AOD for 3% non-category, really.

edited. 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked out that link and it’s definitely not familiar to me and I’m a member of several.

Hopefully someone who has experience with it will chime in.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can’t be AOD for 3% non-category, really.

Close! It's actually for the other 3% card mentioned on here from Tropical Financial in South Florida. Tough to get many data points for this one.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Florida-Tropical-Financial-3-Mastercard/td-p/5976099/page/3

Message 7 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

If you search "uchoose credit union" you see lots of credit unions use this system: Service CU, Corporate America Family CU, America First CU,  Choice One CU, Cooperative Choice CU, CFCU, U$X CU,  First Federal CU,  Education First CU    

are all on just the first page.   Now if any MyFico people are members (none of these sound familiar as MUST HAVE credit cards!)....

This is a FISERVE product, which is a major supplier of financial software to CUs and others.

Message 8 of 13
Jcbotero
Established Member

Old reply but thought I'd share.

I have the Tropical Financial CU 3X Rewards.

it does indeed get me 3 points per dollar spent and they are worth a cent each.

It is not quite a true 3% cash back card though. Uchoose rewards rounds any purchase down to the nearest whole dollar, so if you purchase something for $13.91 you only get 13 points.

It is still more than a 2% card but I wouldn't say it's a 3% card because you lose a few cents on every purchase by them rounding it down.

Message 9 of 13
Jcbotero
Established Member

So basically it seems as though on every transaction you lose about half a cent... which is not much so nothing to choose another card over.

maybe this is industry standard though? I have never checked other rewards programs.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.