Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unannounced airline partners being dropped

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

unannounced airline partners being dropped

What i have been finding slightly annoying recently is all these travel cards dropping airline partners without any prior notice. I guess its really up to them who their partners are but an little notice would be nice. Few weeks ago Chase dropped Korean Air from UR program, which is kind of annoying since that means they no longer have sky team airline. Now it looks like MR just dropped aeroplan from their partners. This isn't as bad as chase dropping Korean Air, but both being unannounced is pretty annoying to say the least. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: unannounced airline partners being dropped

Just one reason why I will always take cashback over points/miles.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'm not into flyer miles anymore. This may be old news but read where Amex may be losing jet blue.
Message 3 of 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@yfan wrote:

Just one reason why I will always take cashback over points/miles.

I can see why people would want to go with cashback, but i will just find a way to adapt to the changes. With regards to Aeroplan leaving MR, its not the biggest deal in the world since MR still has ANA and Singapore to transfer to star alliance partners. I find Korean Air leaving UR as an bigger deal, I will just have to find new ways to use UR . Probably could find an way to do virgin atlantic to delta to get access to some skyteam airlines

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.