Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unbelievable synchrony

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

unbelievable synchrony

What else can I say

Early December, I request a replacement card paypal mastercard because I forgot check my pocket when doing my laundry.  After one week, no card in mail.  Call in, representaives stated should be arrived already, and offered me another replacement card.  After one week, same story.  After one week, same story.  Last week, I got three new cards together.  Three letters all have same date, three cards all have same card number, same expiration, same security code.  The only difference is the sequence number.  Then after activation, there is no way to know which card is activated since the activation does not verify sequence number.  So I called customer service and ask for which card is currently active, then got an answer, problem solved.  She does not speak English very well, and I do not speak English very well, but we were able to have basic communication.  Three days later, I received credit karma alert that my paypal mastercard is closed.  I called synchrony, ask why, they told me I reported my account as fraudulent opened account three days ago, and closed my account to protect me in case of identity theft.  I said that is not correct, I never close my account, I was just trying to ask questions about three cards I received.  I requested them to open investigation, listen to the phone recording, then request to get my account back.  Everything they say is no.  The lesson of the story is my account is closed because I want to know which card is activated.  Many people will not read my long story, if you did, and if you want to know more, I can answer questions.  I am sad, not a lot, because the card is about 6 months old.  Just want to share my experience. 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: unbelievable synchrony

These kinds of stories with them are unfortunately not all that uncommon with them lately. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to get them to reverse their mistake. 

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I am sorry for the loss of your account. Did you request to speak with a supervisor?

I would honestly attempt to escalate your situation to a supervisor and then if the supervisor can't help, to their supervisor.

If you can, find a backdoor number for Synchrony and call it.

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

It is worth a try.  They said fraud department have supervisors but fraud investigation department does not have supervisor.  I was assigned a fraud investigator which is someone I cannot talk to.

Like I mentioned, it is a small loss for a 6 months old account.  But, I will try more calls in the next several days, I will take this as an opportunity for me to imrpove my English speaking skills.

Thank you.   

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Thank you.

Message 5 of 25
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

This to me doesn't sound like it is Synchrony's fault. Mail has been slow for everyone. I received a Christmas card last week that was mailed on December 23rd. My church mailed out something to us and it took a week. They are 5 miles down the road. 

It sounds like when the OP didn't recieve the card in a week, he called and they offered to send another one while the first one was still on its way, albeit delayed. Mail has been absolutely backwards the past few weeks. Nothing is guranteed to be on time anymore. I'm still getting Amazon delayed shipping messages and we are three weeks removed from Christmas. 

Message 6 of 25
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I would send an email of the CEO of Synchronny Bank.

https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-82177 

State in the email the dates and what was requested when you talked to them etc.  I did that for another Synchronny Bank account someone from the office was helpful in resolving my concerns.  I agree with you and the other posts the CSR's are terrible at best.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 7 of 25
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@adelphi_sky wrote:

This to me doesn't sound like it is Synchrony's fault. Mail has been slow for everyone. I received a Christmas card last week that was mailed on December 23rd. My church mailed out something to us and it took a week. They are 5 miles down the road. 

It sounds like when the OP didn't recieve the card in a week, he called and they offered to send another one while the first one was still on its way, albeit delayed. Mail has been absolutely backwards the past few weeks. Nothing is guranteed to be on time anymore. I'm still getting Amazon delayed shipping messages and we are three weeks removed from Christmas. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Last week, I got three new cards together.  Three letters all have same date, three cards all have same card number, same expiration, same security code.  The only difference is the sequence number.  Then after activation, there is no way to know which card is activated since the activation does not verify sequence number.

While there have certainly been some rather ridiculous USPS delays the past few months, the OP did state that all three cards had the same date on the letter enclosed.

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AndySoCal 

That is very interesting link.  Thank you very much for sharing with me.  I will be happy to give it a try.

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@adelphi_sky wrote:

What would slow mail have to do with the OP having their account closed?  When they called to inquire about the card the first or second time, all Synchrony had to do was look and see the status of the first and act accordingly.  Account closure doesn't seem like a valid solution to anything that transpired.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.