Did you mean: 

unbelievable synchrony

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: unbelievable synchrony

@Anonymous wrote:

@adelphi_sky wrote:

This to me doesn't sound like it is Synchrony's fault. Mail has been slow for everyone. I received a Christmas card last week that was mailed on December 23rd. My church mailed out something to us and it took a week. They are 5 miles down the road.

What would slow mail have to do with the OP having their account closed?  When they called to inquire about the card the first or second time, all Synchrony had to do was look and see the status of the first and act accordingly.  Account closure doesn't seem like a valid solution to anything that transpired.

It seems to me the rep misunderstood and thought OP was calling to ask why they are getting any cards rather than calling to ask why they got three of them and which is active. It's not inconceivable to have such confusion when there is a language barrier involved.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

You understood the story correctly.          

It is a language issue, just like the previous commentator cannot understand my original post.

It is fine, I learned a lesson, and I have to continue to imrpove my English skill, and I will try my best to prevent this from happening.  And people who understand my post can be careful about this.

Life is still good.

Message 12 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Are you sure that the account is really closed without a replacement?    When my card was lost/stolen, the account shows as closed on my credit report, and when a replacement card (with new account number) arrived, there's a new entry on my credit report (fortunately the history of the old card was also moved there)

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

I am happy that you can understand my story.  Thank you.

You are correct, when she has language barrier, and I have language barrier, that is when misunderstanding comes to place.  The only thing I want to add is during the phone call, she was able to tell me and confirm the 005 card is the one currently active after she activated my card.  After that, she asks me is there anything I can do for you today, and I said no.  Then we disconnected in a polite manner.  In this way, it looks like she was able to understand what I was asking and provide me with an answer.  In this way I feel she did understand correctly about what I was asking.  So I do not know what is story after this come from especially in the end she asks me perfectly is that the only thing I can help you today.  In a way it may not be a misunderstanding.  I am just trying to share, I am not trying to blame.  I am not sure did I express myself clearly to you?

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker 

I am not sure, they told me my account was closed because someone else opened as a fraudulent account.  I said I opened myself, and they said the account is already closed so it does not matter anymore.  Basically I believe it does not make any sense.  If I can get it reopened like you, it is good, if I cannot, still fine.  I have much more important things to do other than telling them 10 times it is my account and I opened myself while they keep telling me it is too late already.  Anyway, I am fine with both because I believe it will not increase or decrease my credit score a lot since it is 6 months old. 

Message 15 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker 

I am not sure, they told me my account was closed because someone else opened as a fraudulent account.  I said I opened myself, and they said the account is already closed so it does not matter anymore.  Basically I believe it does not make any sense.  If I can get it reopened like you, it is good, if I cannot, still fine.  I have much more important things to do other than telling them 10 times it is my account and I opened myself while they keep telling me it is too late already.  Anyway, I am fine with both because I believe it will not increase or decrease my credit score a lot since it is 6 months old

Hi, just to be clearer, I didn't have to get it reopened, it was part of their standard process:

a) card has issues (stolen/lost) they close account (which would create an alert if you have some monitoring)

b) then they send card with new number and new account on credit report

Since your original replacement cards took a while to arrive, I was just wondering if they have "sent" the new card and you just haven't received it yet.   Unfortunately, with this particular card, it won't show on Paypal until several days after you activate it, so no way of checking without calling.   And, as you don't particularly care, and your great experience with calling them(!), might not be worth the effort.

Message 16 of 25
creditfan
Established Contributor

I would say forget it let's move on. Based on so many horror stories reported, if you're lucky you might get back your account today but who knows what will happen tomorrow for different story and so on.

There are so many 2% cards to pick from

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

I am happy that you can understand my story.  Thank you.

You are correct, when she has language barrier, and I have language barrier, that is when misunderstanding comes to place.  The only thing I want to add is during the phone call, she was able to tell me and confirm the 005 card is the one currently active after she activated my card.  After that, she asks me is there anything I can do for you today, and I said no.  Then we disconnected in a polite manner.  In this way, it looks like she was able to understand what I was asking and provide me with an answer.  In this way I feel she did understand correctly about what I was asking.  So I do not know what is story after this come from especially in the end she asks me perfectly is that the only thing I can help you today.  In a way it may not be a misunderstanding.  I am just trying to share, I am not trying to blame.  I am not sure did I express myself clearly to you?

I understand you perfectly. 👍

It could also have been a situation where a supervisor or lead was monitoring the call and they didn't understand the issue or thought it was suspicious or the rep hit the wrong button on the computer... Many things can happen with phone calls to customer service. While working for Comcast for around 3 1/2 years, I saw all kinds of stuff come through. 

Unfortunately it doesn't really matter how it happened to Synchrony, they are extremely rigid when it comes to closed accounts being closed for good. 

Message 18 of 25
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Okay, so first of all Synchrony is completely wrong for closing your account.

But second, you were a bit impatient when you requested card replacement. Not sure if you've been following the news but USPS was absolutely slammed in December. You should not have expected your card after 1 week if Synchrony didn't say they were giving you expedited shipment. And knowing Synchrony, they would take their sweet time to do anything other than CLD you or close your account lol. 

Once you had 3 cards with the same card number and expiration, and CVV, there is really no way that Synchrony can help you identify which one works or was activated. Synchrony doesn't make the cards by the way and a Sync  CSR won't know what sequence number is on the cards seeing as they never even see the cards. The cards are made offsite with contractors. The contractors just change the dyes and ink for whichever bank they are doing cards for. It would have been better to just go to the store and try to use all 3 than to call up Sync talking about sequence numbers.

What's done is done I guess and as you say, it's not worth your time and Synchrony are  ultimately very very silly for making this error.

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker 

Yes, I decided to move on.

But you said this is the standard process?  Do you have to send a form to synchrony and sign your name or anything like that?  That is an interesting standard process.  It is very standard.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.