Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to Venture?

tag
jmoneyk
Established Member

Re: upgrade to Venture?

I recently got a PC offer in the mail to go from a crap 1 platinum no hassle rewards card, to their new cash card. Only thing is all of my terms and cl stayed the same. The platinum card i believe had a max of 750 cl as they would never raise it any higher. I wonder if moving over to the new cas rewards will open the door for a possibly higher cl down the road?
Message 21 of 28
cmerriott
Valued Member

I was able to upgrade my cash rewards card with a $29 annual fee to a VentureOne with no annual fee today, so it IS possible. I opened the account 4/08 started at 500 credit steps to $750, then 12/08 went to $3250 where it has stayed. Tried to get a cli today also, but no go.
Myfico EQ 1/12/13 759

Barclays $6,300, NAVY FCU $25,000, CITI dividend $4,500, AMEX HH $16,800, AMEX BCP $6,000, BofA 123 $9,900, CAP ONE VENTURE $7,500, CITI forward $3,000, DISCOVER IT $10,000, GECRB/LOW $10,000, GECRB/SAMSDC $10,000, SPIEGEL $1,150, WFNNB/BUCKLE $1,100
Message 22 of 28
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ask yourself this. Have you ever been to an establishment that accepts MasterCard and does not accept Visa? I've never come across one.

It's more common than you think, the local dollar store doesn't accept MC (very annoying before I got my Freedom card had to use cash or my debit card),  Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa or AMEX makes shopping there a pain since I want my everyday cards to be my Chase freedom (my only visa card) and my AMEX cards and my Walmart card has no rewards.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 23 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Ask yourself this. Have you ever been to an establishment that accepts MasterCard and does not accept Visa? I've never come across one.

It's more common than you think, the local dollar store doesn't accept MC (very annoying before I got my Freedom card had to use cash or my debit card),  Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa or AMEX makes shopping there a pain since I want my everyday cards to be my Chase freedom (my only visa card) and my AMEX cards and my Walmart card has no rewards.

Yeah, the DMV over here only takes mastercard, no visa, no discover, no amex. 

I never thought they would upgrade from an "average" card to an "Excellent' card without them forcing you to re-apply. 

Message 24 of 28
starboundphoenix
Valued Member

I just got PCd from regular plat to venture rewards. No offers in mail or online, just called backdoor number and asked. Account was 20 months old with $5K limit. Was an easy process. I say it's worth a try.

Starting Score: EX: 652 FICO | TU: ??? FICO | EQ ??? FICO
Current Score: EX: 760 FICO | TU: 737 FICO | EQ: 754 FICO
Goal Score:      EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
Venture, BCP, Zync, USAA AMEX, Freedom, Forward, NFCU Flagship, Discover, Barclay, Mil Star, United Explorer

Message 25 of 28
YahComb
Established Contributor

jmoneyk wrote:
I recently got a PC offer in the mail to go from a crap 1 platinum no hassle rewards card, to their new cash card. Only thing is all of my terms and cl stayed the same. The platinum card i believe had a max of 750 cl as they would never raise it any higher. I wonder if moving over to the new cas rewards will open the door for a possibly higher cl down the road?

From what i've seen, Cap1 has been more willing hand out starting limits in the 1K-3K range with the "average" green cash rewards than they were with the no hassles rewards it replaced.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 26 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I wonder if when i PCd if I said travel rewards instead of cash back if I would've gotten the venture and then had a "prime" card. XD
Message 27 of 28
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Sams Club doesn't take Visa just Master Card

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.