Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upon CC decline..

tag
Feather_Hat
Established Member

upon CC decline..

hey guys, i was wondering abt CC decline and our rights to know the info.

i heard that once we get C declined, we get a chance to see credit history and score for free for once.

is this true? if so, how do we get it?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DomoNomo
Contributor

Re: upon CC decline..

@Feather_Hat wrote:

i heard that once we get C declined, we get a chance to see credit history and score for free for once.

Yes, which ever credit bureau they pull, you get to request a copy of your Credit Report from that bureau within 60 days.  The letter you get in will tell you how.

Message 2 of 11
Feather_Hat
Established Member

thanks heaps !

@DomoNomo wrote:

@Feather_Hat wrote:

Yes, which ever credit bureau they pull, you get to request a copy of your Credit Report from that bureau within 60 days.  The letter you get in will tell you how.

Message 3 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

You get the free report but not the score.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Feather_Hat wrote:

The declined letter should provide you with the score and the range used.  You can request the CR depending on which one was pulled.  You will not get a free score from the CRAs.

Message 5 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I believe that they only need to provide a CR reference if it was a factor used in making the decision.   So if an issuer has internal records noting an unpaid charge off they can deny your application and you are then not entitled to a free report.  In this situation they shouldn't have pulled  your credit anyway.

Message 6 of 11
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Try reckoning before you just wait for letter it can't hurtSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 7 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'm fairly certain the OP may be aware that this may pose a challenge given his current profile and other factors that influenced not getting approved.  It also depends which CC was applied for.

Message 8 of 11
Feather_Hat
Established Member

thanks guys for many comments !

i was wondering abt free credit checks becuase i heard it somewhere and couldn't varify through google search XD haha

thanks again !

Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Feather_Hat wrote:

thanks guys for many comments !

i was wondering abt free credit checks becuase i heard it somewhere and couldn't varify through google search XD haha

thanks again !

If declined (or did not receive the best credit terms), you can normally request a free copy of your CR depending on the agency that was used for the credit decision.  Otherwise, you can get (1) set of complimentary reports from all 3 CRAs annually from www.annualcreditreport.com

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.