Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ventureOne (cap 1)

tag
Imua
Frequent Contributor

ventureOne (cap 1)

i am contemplating responding to an offer i received in the mail to apply for the VentureOne card (10k bonus miles for $1k spend within first 3 months, o% APR on purchases until Feb 2014). 

anyone with experience with this card ?  good, bad, so-so...

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: ventureOne (cap 1)

For me the best part of the card is that the miles post immediately. You don't have to wait for your statement to cut. The worst part of the card is that if you redeem for travel you have to have enough points to cover the entire charge. You can't use your available points and then pay the difference.

Message 2 of 20
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

For me the best part of the card is that the miles post immediately. You don't have to wait for your statement to cut. The worst part of the card is that if you redeem for travel you have to have enough points to cover the entire charge. You can't use your available points and then pay the difference.

thanks!

Message 3 of 20
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

If you want the card for the long-haul. It seems like the no-AF Cash Rewards would have a slight edge. It gets 1.5% vs. the 1.25% on the VentureOne and you don't have to redeem on travel purchases.

The only caveats are that you have to wait a year for the annual .5% bonus (flat 1% until then) and you must have "excellent" credit to qualify for the no-AF version (otherwise $39 a year).
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 4 of 20
bs6054
Valued Contributor

And if you can still get the 2% Priceline Visa from Barclays (no AF), that is a much better alternative, 2% on everything and can use on non-travel expenses

Edit: here is the link  https://www.pricelinevisa.com/

This is for the long-term.  It doesn't have the 0% APR intro

Message 5 of 20
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Since it seems appropriate, I will also include a plug here for one of my own cards: The BofA Travel Rewards card:

1.5% back on all purchases (no waiting), 3% for booking travel through BofA, no AF, no FTF, comes with EMV chip for overseas travel, redeem points for travel purchases in increments of $25.

/endplug

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 6 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

Right, the Barclays 2%, Fid Amex 2%, PenFed 5%, and B of A non forex EMV for 1.5% are all better options.

The *only* case where Venture is the best is if you have a large amount of non-forex spending that is not travel or dining related.

Message 7 of 20
Imua
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the input.

Decided to wander out of the garden and go ahead and apply for the VentureOne - instant approval for $10k Smiley Happy

for cash  rewards i already have BofA cash rewards and chase freedom

Message 8 of 20
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

congrats!

Message 9 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

Nice CL!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.