Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

victoria secrets preapproval

tag
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

victoria secrets preapproval

Got a preapproval letter in the mail from Victoria Secrets for 250.00. However I defaulted on a Speigal card about six years ago and it was  charged off. Does Wfnnb blacklist? Or should I just leave this alone?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: victoria secrets preapproval

I have heard other poeple getting approved later for cards after bad old accounts.

Message 2 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Can't speak for WFNNB, but as mentioned, CCCs forgive. I had a Discover CO and they even sent me a letter saying that I can never ever do business with them again and that I am forever blacklisted. Well, about 12 years later, I'm a Discover account holder once again. Still have that letter too.
Message 3 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

i didn't know they did preapprovals!
Message 4 of 12
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all the responses.Smiley Very Happy You go to their website and register an account then put a few things in your shopping cart and before checkout a preapproval will pop up and tell you the amount your approved for. When I did this I didn't respond to the approval And they sent me a letter saying to go back on their website and accept the approval they even gave me a preapproval code. From what ive read on other boards its an soft inquiry all they ask you for is the last four of you soc# . But as I said before Iam a little apprehensive cause of the charge off I had with them on a Speigals account.Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 12
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

DOES anybody kow if wnffb (victoria secret) blacklist for life? Had a achargeoff with them in 05 and im still in their system.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure what you should do with the victoria's offer, but on the spiegel issue, i would dispute that on my reports. spiegel went out of business and no one is going to respond to the dispute which means it wold be removed from your report. 

Message 7 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

not sure what you should do with the victoria's offer, but on the spiegel issue, i would dispute that on my reports. spiegel went out of business and no one is going to respond to the dispute which means it wold be removed from your report. 

the store went out of business, not the bank backing the credit card.  someone will most likely respond to the dispute.

Message 8 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would go for it, lots of people have gotten these and no one has been denied from what I have read

Message 9 of 12
mross1080
Established Contributor

You should go for it. If you get a pre-approval from them and except its on a soft pull no hard so theres really no harm in trying. Ive gotten several wfnb pre approvals and they have always been softs.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.