Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walmart card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

walmart card

has anyone figured out yet what tu score the walmart card gives? And does anyone know if the card is bk friendly? scores are in mid to hi 600's. also does that score give you explanations to your score like on here or just score and thats it?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MagicShot
Contributor

Re: walmart card

@Anonymous wrote:

has anyone figured out yet what tu score the walmart card gives? And does anyone know if the card is bk friendly? scores are in mid to hi 600's. also does that score give you explanations to your score like on here or just score and thats it?

Are you talking from the rejection or as a walmart card member?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

talking about the transunion score you get for being a walmart card holder each month

Message 3 of 10
MagicShot
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

talking about the transunion score you get for being a walmart card holder each month

There is a long thread about it listed below. But it is a FICO score, prbally an 04 or newer scoring model but it is a FICO SCORE. so yeah good deal! Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Walmart-Credit-Card-Users-FREE-Fico-Scores-are-available/m-p/978998/highlight/true#M278978

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart shows your FICO score along with (at least in my case) two key factors affecting your score. 

This is what my Walmart FICO Score page looks like:

Your FICO® Score
As of July 21, 2011
your FICO® Score is:

Key Factors Affecting your FICO® Score
You have a public record or a collection on your credit report.You have relatively few accounts that are in good standing.
The presence of a public record (such as a bankruptcy or tax lien) or a collection, is a powerful indicator of future payment risk. If the item is valid, satisfying the public record or paying off the collection will not remove it from your credit report. The fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and will be considered by your FICO ® Score.Your FICO ® Score considers the number of accounts where you are paying your bills as agreed - in your case this number is too low. This is because you have relatively few active accounts or because you've missed payments recently on some of your accounts.
Keep this in mind: As the item ages and falls off of your credit report, its impact on your score will gradually decrease. Most public records and collections stay on your report for no more than seven years - though bankruptcies may remain for up to 10 years.You should try to get your accounts in good standing by getting caught up on all back payments and continuing to pay all your bills on time. If you are already in good standing on all of your accounts, you might consider opening a new credit card. However, the resulting credit inquiry may lower your score in the short term. Opening a new credit card and managing your credit wisely will demonstrate that you can handle a broad array of credit accounts. If the late payments on your credit report are valid, you should focus on continually paying all your bills on time. This will demonstrate a good payment history and these current late payments will have less of an impact on
Message 5 of 10
john398
Senior Contributor

Below that do you have  a graph? I do and mine says it was pulled July 11

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you know if there bk friendly and which card do you get the score on the walmart or the discover?

Message 7 of 10
MagicShot
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

do you know if there bk friendly and which card do you get the score on the walmart or the discover?

Both! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@john398 wrote:

Below that do you have  a graph? I do and mine says it was pulled July 11

Yeah - my paste function wasn't the best.  It's missing where I personally am on the score "thermometer" and it's missing the #2 and stuff.  But I hope it helped folks get a general concept of what you see.

I did toy around with the concept of getting a better paste (I probably should have) but breakfast was calling and I hopped to the store to restock.  Sometimes a gal's just gotta have her Wheat Chex!  Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 10
kjm79
Valued Contributor

This is interesting.  I have a closed Wal-Mart card account.  After hearing about the free TU score I wanted to call about seeing if I could re-open the original account. I'm not about to apply for a new account.  I'm at work and don't have access to old records (closed in 09) so I thought I'd try and access my account online and see if I could pull up old statements (some online accounts stay activated unless you un-enroll from online services, apparently Walmart does this).  When I first logged on it asked me if I wanted my FREE FICO score.  Well, um, why yes I do!  It said I had to enroll in electronic statements, ok.  Went through the process of enrolling in my FREE FICO score program, kind of thinking at some point it would realize my account was closed and I don't get e-statements.  lol  But nope, completed the process and got my score.  TU 708.  Not to far off from myFICO TU score below.  Difference of 6 days in pull time, but I don't anything significant has happened that would chang the myFICO TU score (better or worse).  So I can get my other TU score for free even though I'm not an active Walmart card holder.  Whoooooo hooooooo! 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.