Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walmart recon

tag
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: walmart recon

@distantarray wrote:

where you ever truly declined? sounds like you got the notice and just needed to verify, without a denial notice of any kind it's hard to say if it was really a recon =)

+1.  Same thing happened to me, just needed to verify identity further.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 11 of 12
diabla
Regular Contributor

Re: walmart recon

@distantarray wrote:

where you ever truly declined? sounds like you got the notice and just needed to verify, without a denial notice of any kind it's hard to say if it was really a recon =)

Well, whenever I see people use the term "recon" it's a mixture of people getting turned down for CLIs, getting decline letters, and getting the 7-10 day decision notice.  Either way, my point was to always call and try yourself.  If you've already been declined, it certainly won't hurt.  This is actually my first time ever calling and asking any company.  I usually just take the 7-10 day decision and wait for my rejection letter and let it go.  So I can't compare it with other situations, but I know it usually always ends up with a decline.  It never hurts to call though.   I initially wasn't going to call after reading people say don't bother, but then I googled and found lots of others who got the 7-10 day notice and called and had to verify, then approved, so i decided to try.  Just want to encourage others to TRY.  Never take "don't bother" for an answer unless its going to cost you money or points! Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.