cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walmart synchrony credit limit dropped (my credit has improved)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

walmart synchrony credit limit dropped (my credit has improved)

Through recent CLI's synchrony in the past 30 days have given me large CLI's on almost all of the cards I have with them. Lowes went to $35k and my utilization is sub 10%.

I logged into my walmart one to find a very odd number 1256 as my limit. Just a week or so earlier it was $6k. I knew I'd be due for that bumping up soon as most of my cards are past $10k. I have $28k with discover and 19k for a capital one.

Anybody else seeing the walmart card drop as we're getting ready for the capital one migration? I also have not used my walmart card in at least a few months. The card sucks. After noticing the odd number I put in a CLI request and it went straight to $3500. 

Anybody else seeing weird things happening?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: walmart synchrony credit limit dropped (my credit has improved)

How is your utilization on your other cards? 

While CLD by Synch for non use is certainly possible, it usually does not happen after only a few months of inactivity 

Weird 

Message 2 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

This happens on occasion on my just-sitting-there JCPenney card. One month I'll ask and get a CLI to $10k and next month I get a credit alert that I've been CLD to $1k. I find it to just be a Synch quirk 🤷‍♂️

Message 3 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Nothing unusual on my end. CL is still intact and I've already received notification about the account as part of the upcoming transition.

CLDs with SYNCB are typically the result of: (1) a period of inactivity or very low usage, (2) a change of overall profile such as score fluctuations or spiked utilization elsewhere and/or with SYNCB (3) internal portfolio reviews to limit/curb SYNCB exposure or, (4) AA - negative CR items present and/or balance chasing.

Since you were able to obtain a portion of the CL back, it would appear some internal factors may have driven the CLD. Admittedly, if you haven't used the card or feel that it sucks, is the CL adjustment of great concern?
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before the switch to capital one news came out I was planning on closing the account. I really don't use the card often. The rewards for ordering stuff on walmart.com are better if I just use the ebates/rakuten card or the same if I just use my paypal one. It just seemed like odd behavior and I haven't received anything in the mail about it. Once you start getting better cards the store cards just go to the shelf.

Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I havent been using my Sync cards much lately due to my love affair with Miss DiscoSmiley Wink. I have yet to see any adverse affects and actually have gotten increases. I will be trying one last time on my Wally MC today but im going to call CS.

I really like how Sync has taken care of me in my rebuild these past 4 years. BUT.... i know i can be reduced at anytime or get a blue out of the blue. My philosophy with them is simple....Keep all cards at zero and always PIFSmiley Wink. I have enough lender diversity that any cld or closure csn be survived. Ive already achieved my goal of 200k in limits and now as i prepare to go appless for foreseeable future, im loving using only one cardSmiley Happy Muah at ya DiscoverSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 14
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

No changes to walmart or walmart mc here still 10kSmiley LOLHeart

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

my overall available limit went up quite a bit on the synchrony side in the past 30 days. I'm around $75k available just from synchrony even after this walmart CLD. my balance on all synchrony cards is $0 and I haven't carried a balance with them other than a few times with amazon. I've paid them $0 in interest.  I'm probably raising some alerts with my bashing of the love button and then not using it.

I am presently in my second round of discover cashback bonus and yes that is my primary card right now. ebay bucks + disco quarter + end of year double had me hit the quarterly limit fast. I may have hit the cap on my older disco card too.

Message 8 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Usually thats fair play with Sync. Many of us play the cli game just so long as we know it really isnt a true game at end of day. They like sending the blue envelope, we like pushing the envelopeSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Betcha Synch took some from Wally for your Lowe's CLI
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.