Not applicable

wamu secured credit card

does anyone have this card.... i want to know a little info about it
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Not_the_Point
Regular Contributor

Re: wamu secured credit card

I have this card. What would you like to know?

8/27/10 -
TU FICO 768
EQ FICO 763
EX PLUS 732

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

does it become unsecured after awhile
Message 3 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Where does one apply for a secured card.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

you have to go to the bank and apply
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shop around, some banks charge more for secured cards. Generally the annual fees run about $20-$30 a year. I think Cap1 has one for $19. Always see if they charge monthly fees too. Most start at $200 some at $300 to secure. It can take 24 months to graduate to an unsecured card. Sometimes it automatic, other times its not.

However with Wamu, I have seen when people have a savings account with Wamu with a fair amount of money in it, it helped them get approved for an unsecured card.

Wamu is a good bank, looks stable. I have their unsecured card and am very happy with the bank. Have you tried the Bank of America 99/500 secured card? You have to only secure it with $100 and they give you a $500 CL.
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not think Capital One has a secured credit card. If so, I would love more information on it!
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

ilovepizza wrote:
Shop around, some banks charge more for secured cards. Generally the annual fees run about $20-$30 a year. I think Cap1 has one for $19. Always see if they charge monthly fees too. Most start at $200 some at $300 to secure. It can take 24 months to graduate to an unsecured card. Sometimes it automatic, other times its not.

However with Wamu, I have seen when people have a savings account with Wamu with a fair amount of money in it, it helped them get approved for an unsecured card.

Wamu is a good bank, looks stable. I have their unsecured card and am very happy with the bank. Have you tried the Bank of America 99/500 secured card? You have to only secure it with $100 and they give you a $500 CL.

I highley recomend the B of A 99/500 if you can get it.  I have had it for about 4 years and am up to 2k unsecured now.  They have been good to me!Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

chiwiseguy, how were the cl's after it became unsecured? I have one of those's that's almost 6 months old. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 20
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

luvly83  i hope this will help you to make your decision regarding a secured credit card :  
(1)BANK OF AMERICA 1800732-9194  AF  $29
(2) US BANK                    1800 285-8585 AF $ 35
(3) WELLS FARGO          1800 988-8019 AF $ 18
GOOD LUCK TO YOU . Smiley Happy

Message Edited by creditdream on 03-25-2008 03:07 PM
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.