I have a BB store card plan B card 750 max CL

Also have a

Cap one 2000 CL

Chevron Gas  750 CL

Walmart Store  875 CL

Discover (HSBC) 1300 CL

Barclay (new this month ) 3000 CL

BB store card  MAX 750CL

BK Chap 7 10/2005........... 2 collections on Equifax and TU One coming off in June I hope....... other in December

MY ????? 

Should I wait till Cap one take it over to see how they handle these accounts or should I close now and re apply again in December  2012??

Thanks

J

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: want a BB store card but????

Hmmm If you can handle the inq I might go ahead and apply but just a couple weeks ago someone had a plan B card for over a year or maybe longer forget and that person applied for another Best Buy Card and got a 2nd Plan B card!!

HSBC is one of those banks! Another poster some time ago had a $500 Best Buy MasterCard and Applied for a Platinum Best Buy MasterCard and was instantly approved for $6k and I think last week it was increased to $9k!! I had not heard of such a think on a BBMC before.

Now store cards I have seen with limits up to 27k or something crazy!

Message 2 of 5
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

that someone was meSmiley Very Happy ....................Ive had the account for 4 years ...never late...........

just bumming a bit ...this is the only card I want/need.......

Just wonderin if my odds would be better if I close it out wait 6 months ,then apply??

Message 3 of 5
Nightfallx
New Contributor

just keep your bestbuy card, it will be converted once capitalone takes over.

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would not close it and wait 6 months... if you want to pay down stuff and let some other CL's go up on all the GE cards, I would just leave the card open, it's no annual fee rigtht? keep it open and wait 6 months or as I said before if you can waste an inq go for it now... if declined wait 6 months and try again.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.