Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning about the open sky secured visa card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: warning about the open sky secured visa card

@joltdude wrote:

OpenSky is now a product of Capital One...

So Capital One actually  now is in the Sub Sub Prime, Sub Prime, and Prime markets

They are not a product of Capital One. 

Message 11 of 15
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They are not a product of Capital One. 

Agreed.  Capital Bank != Capital One Bank.

I'm not sure which company is better to deal with though.  Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opensky is the BEST secured card to start off with. I did and now I have a new car loan and prime cards 18 months later. Everything you stated is known before you even get the card. Do research before you apply for cards and people would not have this issue. I received my card about 8 days after I made my intial deposit. 

Also yes they place a hold on the funds but only for a few months. Its to make sure everything clears. They give people a shot without a credit check, so they need to be safe also. I see no problem with this. After about 4 months, my payments and cash was available the same day that I paid.

The fee is added right away, yes. But I had more than ample time to pay it. You can set up your account before you get the card, and pay it then. The 6 weeks thing was probably an issue with your account because I have never seen anyone wait 6 weeks for this card.

In the end, I still have this card and they even gave me a CLI without making a deposit into my account. I cant stress enough how good of a good this is for rebuilding. They always report and customer service is always nice. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Italiannyc17 wrote:

Opensky is the BEST secured card to start off with. I did and now I have a new car loan and prime cards 18 months later. Everything you stated is known before you even get the card. Do research before you apply for cards and people would not have this issue. I received my card about 8 days after I made my intial deposit. 

Also yes they place a hold on the funds but only for a few months. Its to make sure everything clears. They give people a shot without a credit check, so they need to be safe also. I see no problem with this. After about 4 months, my payments and cash was available the same day that I paid.

The fee is added right away, yes. But I had more than ample time to pay it. You can set up your account before you get the card, and pay it then. The 6 weeks thing was probably an issue with your account because I have never seen anyone wait 6 weeks for this card.

In the end, I still have this card and they even gave me a CLI without making a deposit into my account. I cant stress enough how good of a good this is for rebuilding. They always report and customer service is always nice. 

You can't be serious. There are WAY better secure card alternatives. BOA, US Bank, Discover, Cap One, and USAA just to name a few.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

And how many of those cards can you get with extremely bad credit? I was denied for the BOA secured card when I started my rebuilding journey, along with many other people. People get denied for the Capital one also. Discover? Please, you cant even apply for that. You need to take a hard pull and hope you get the offer.

The point is, if you have bad credit, and need a secured card, the open sky card is basically a guarenteed approval. They dont even run a credit check. So yes, I am completely serious. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.