Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wasted HP

tag
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

wasted HP

So chase denied me to CLI they approved me 2200 and they dont want to increase it to match with my discover.... grrrr! Reason history not long enough.... now im sad cuz I wasted one HP for nothing! Should Istill ask them next time for CLI or just be happy with my amex and enjoy amex CLI?
Heart trying to reach 800! Heart
Gardening till 12/14 Smiley Tongue
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: wasted HP

@newbiewife wrote:
So chase denied me to CLI they approved me 2200 and they dont want to increase it to match with my discover.... grrrr! Reason history not long enough.... now im sad cuz I wasted one HP for nothing! Should Istill ask them next time for CLI or just be happy with my amex and enjoy amex CLI?

Sorry to hear that. Try and get a reason why and then just work on it I guess. I haven't yet requested a CLI from chase so I don't know how difficult it is. I just find if I charge a lot to my card and then pay it off quick they will realize that my CL is not enough and get an anuto CLI. 

Message 2 of 8
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

These days I'm totally negative on Chase, so I would say stick with AMEX.  Of course, it really depends on how valuable your Chase card is to you.  If it's a card that you can maximize the benefits, then it might be worth a second try.  If you have other cards that work as well or better, why bother?

Message 3 of 8
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

As you build a relationship with them, they will be more inclined to give you a higher CL. I tried to get them to match my highest CL to and they wanted to see how I would do with what they gave me. After 6 mo's they finally gave in. Time is all Chase wants.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 8
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

I guess not valuable as my discover... but to ask them again is another HP and soon my amex will be my 61st. So I hope with his HP my amex wont be affected. Grrrrrr...... I thought chase will be nice to me I guess not. So I guess im gonna keep loving my discover and my amex from now on. To think chase card still in the mail. Hmmmmm.
Message 5 of 8
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Most CC companies are hard to peg.  I have been with Chase for 4 yrs and never an auto CLI despite always paying in full, and they didn't get burned in my '07 BK7.   The card started as a WaMu, when Chase took over they slashed my limit in half and doubled my APR.  Neither has budged in all these years.

Thanks to the fine folks and great advice here, I have a Discover It with 5x the Chase limit and a brand new Barclay Rewards MC with more than double th CL. Only reason I haven't cancelled the Freedom is my DD is an AU on it. 

IMO, Chase would not be worth a second HP, but you have to decide what' best for you. Sounds like you are covered with your other cards.

Message 6 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Most CC companies are hard to peg.  I have been with Chase for 4 yrs and never an auto CLI despite always paying in full, and they didn't get burned in my '07 BK7.   The card started as a WaMu, when Chase took over they slashed my limit in half and doubled my APR.  Neither has budged in all these years.

Thanks to the fine folks and great advice here, I have a Discover It with 5x the Chase limit and a brand new Barclay Rewards MC with more than double th CL. Only reason I haven't cancelled the Freedom is my DD is an AU on it. 

IMO, Chase would not be worth a second HP, but you have to decide what' best for you. Sounds like you are covered with your other cards.

Ouch

Message 7 of 8
newbiewife
Regular Contributor

The funny thing is chase gave me 2200, with apr aft. Promo of 22.99 the highest apr ever! Before I apply for chase my highest apr is 15 something thats my amex and my discover is 12 something. So I guess amex and discover is the one thats gonna grow with me.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.