Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what CC should apply for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what CC should apply for?

Ok, I have excellent credit and sme good cards already, looking to apply for a couple more. I'm looking for something with good initial CL, the cards that will grow with me and will not cut my line for not using them often. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: what CC should apply for?

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok, I have excellent credit and sme good cards already, looking to apply for a couple more. I'm looking for something with good initial CL, the cards that will grow with me and will not cut my line for not using them often. Any suggestions?

Sounds to me like you are talking CU.
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was actually thinking of Alliant, PenFed and Merill (BoA). Any other suggestions?
Message 3 of 34
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Always app PenFed first.
Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about major banks? Which one's are still good? I heard Merill gives decent CL. Are they behaving weird today since it is BoA?
Message 5 of 34
jorin
Valued Member

I agree with the previous posters.  If a high CL is your thing, CUs are the way to go.  Just about all the major banks have been either giving lower CLs than they used to or doing CLDs on people with current high limits.  My next card will def be from a CU...
Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know which CU go witha stated income? I know Alliant asks for income verification almost all the time. Any ather ideas on the prime cards?
Message 7 of 34
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you know which CU go witha stated income? I know Alliant asks for income verification almost all the time. Any ather ideas on the prime cards?

I know of no CU that has a consistent policy in this regard. Many get from Alliant without income verification. PenFed, too. Then again, many get asked to doc. Bottom line is - you must always be ready to submit verification when you app for credit.
Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

What major banks would you suggest? I have 2.5 years of credit history, FAKO's are 765, 765 and 743. Fico is something like 740 (i did a mortage pull to check those) I have US BANK Visa 14.5k, Key bank MC 10k, Key bank LOC 7k, Amex Gold, couple of smaller cards that got stuck and will not grow with me... I want to add a couple of nice limit major bank cards (APR does not matter as I will not carry balances on them). The only things are good limits and that the CCC will not cut them for small usage etc. I understood the CU thing. WHAT ABOUT BIG BANKS?
Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW I dont have INQ on EQ and TU, `1maybe somebody that pulls those (except CU)
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.