Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what High Limit card can I get?

tag
jwes2155
New Contributor

what High Limit card can I get?

With a 602 eq  no collections, judgements,  or bk.  Just a lot of inq's and some lates from about a year ago.   Current Cards

Delta skymiles-1000
hooters-2000
cap one-1300
orchard- 700
us airways-1000
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what High Limit card can I get?

I take it by not listing your other 2 scores you are looking for a strictly EQ puller? Have you looked at Credit Unions?
Message 2 of 18
jwes2155
New Contributor

Strictly EQ.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're open to joining a credit union I'd look at NASA FCU and maybe Justice FCU - both can be joined by anyone after joining a non-profit org. I'd also look into a local CU.

If you have any family ties to the Navy or Marines I would look into Navy FCU, they are an awesome CU if you qualify. Need a family member that served or is serving with one of the two.
Message 4 of 18
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

I don't know about high limit, but Household Bank (HSBC) pulls EQ.  Ohio Savings too apparently.  Good grief - I'm glad my app-a-rama juant of the weekend is over - the inquiries are popping up like weeds in my green pasture
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cooneyca wrote:
I don't know about high limit, but Household Bank (HSBC) pulls EQ. Ohio Savings too apparently. Good grief - I'm glad my app-a-rama juant of the weekend is over - the inquiries are popping up like weeds in my green pasture

Household is a sub-prime arm of HSBC - a starting limit would be in the neighborhood of $300.

Message Edited by db23 on 10-11-2007 09:19 PM
Message 6 of 18
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

I have a Household bank MC. I opened with a $5k cl and 0% interest for the first 6 mo.  My scores were in the high 500s when I got it 2 years ago - so yes, they are definitely sub prime, but obviously they are willing to go with decent CLs.  They increased my CL to 5500 without request recently.  The APR after the promo period is high 18.99%, but I PIF so am not concerned with that.

Carol

Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 7 of 18
timber
Regular Contributor

I definitely agree with DB23 - open an account with a CU (most only require $5) Navy FCU is totally awesome! You can get in with civilian contractor affiliation also... my SO is a civilian contractor with a Defense Supply Center and that's how I got in. They approved me for 30K of credit this week with EQ Fico 629 - they always pull EQ. nRewards Visa - 10K (instant approval) Platinum MC - 10K (review - approved next day) NavCheck LOC - 10K (review - asked me to fax last 2 pay stubs, then approved) Also check out CCCU (Christian Community Credit Union)
Message 8 of 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cooneyca wrote:
I don't know about high limit, but Household Bank (HSBC) pulls EQ. Ohio Savings too apparently. Good grief - I'm glad my app-a-rama juant of the weekend is over - the inquiries are popping up like weeds in my green pasture

Household is a sub-prime arm of HSBC - a starting limit would be in the neighborhood of $300.

Message Edited by db23 on 10-11-2007 09:19 PM

I've since closed the card but they gave me an instant 5K no interest for a year. Subprime though my skin crawled every time I used the card. The website was among the best though. Doubt you could ever get a decent CLI on that one though. Card was ugly too. LOL.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey jwes, have you checked out the site "whogavemecredit.com?" If not, it may be very helpful with your question.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.