Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what about the regular Chase Sapphire?

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

what about the regular Chase Sapphire?

Can anyone who doesnt have a $30k annual income quaify or this card? and once approved can you PC to Preferred? ALSO I have ask how does it look? is it a plain cc look or does it have a Discover it or freedom texture to it? 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: what about the regular Chase Sapphire?

I got the CSP with a income below $30k but I also have a chase checking and savings accounts as well as freedom which I am sure helped. But I was at the branch and asked if I had any pre approvals and I had one for the CSP. So I apped and got it with a $5k limit five days after getting united. I have seen this card it looks just like the CSP jwith not made of metal

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 10
kekrre
Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Can anyone who doesnt have a $30k annual income quaify or this card? and once approved can you PC to Preferred? ALSO I have ask how does it look? is it a plain cc look or does it have a Discover it or freedom texture to it? 

I believe the requirements are identical to the CSP (and I'm not certain that $30k is an absolute requirement for a $5k limit from Chase). I also believe they are interchangeable (I think people get the CSP and then downgrade to the CS to avoid paying the AF).

My boss has it: it's plastic but looks identical to the CSP, has a matte finish (I don't think it's texturized, but I think the letters are raised like the CSP), but the lettering isn't as reflective.

Rewards-wise, it's kind of meh unless you have an Ink Bold/Plus or Palladium card to consolidate/transfer points. It does not:

a) have a travel bonus category

b) give any option for point transfer or travel redemption (it is a flat 2% dining, 1% everywhere else card)

c) offer an annual dividend

d) offer the ability to combine Sapphire and Freedom points

It is purely a dining card, and an average one at that.

I believe that if it offered 1:1 point transfer and points consolidation, it would destroy the SPG card (for UA, BA/AA and WN flyers), even if they ditched the dining category and charged an AF of up to $65 for it. But the CSP is already going head-to-head with the PRG and SPG, so I suppose they don't really need it.

|||||||
Message 3 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@afbar1114 no $30k annual income and still approved? whoa first time i hear that. Thats great tho but like you said your checking and savings acct plus your freedom must of played a huge roll when determining approval. congrats and thanks for feed back.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 4 of 10
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 no $30k annual income and still approved? whoa first time i hear that. Thats great tho but like you said your checking and savings acct plus your freedom must of played a huge roll when determining approval. congrats and thanks for feed back.

Where did you hear this $30k income minimum? 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 5 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@kekrre Yeah thats what ive seen here in the forums they downgrade to CS to avoid AF. but yes completely agree CSP is the boss. Just wanted to know because my sister just reached her 1 year aaoa and want to see into getting prime cards like CSP Hyatt Visa Signature nothing else. Only two cards she wants.  THANKS

Message 6 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Ive read it here in the forums because why would they give a high CL with a small annual income? Right?

Message 7 of 10
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

Where did you hear this $30k income minimum? 

i personally read it on here. 

i have 28k income right now not factoring 2-6k quarterly bonuses. 

but i havent tried for this card.

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 8 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That's a good idea! Get a CSP for the usually HUGE sign up bonus... Then downgrade to avoid an AF!!!

This is a card I want in like 6 mos to a year! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 10
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
That's a good idea! Get a CSP for the usually HUGE sign up bonus... Then downgrade to avoid an AF!!!

This is a card I want in like 6 mos to a year! Lol

The sign-up bonus is the only real reason to get the CSP if your income is 30k. Unless you can push through at least 20k a year, it's probably not worth it. For most people that would equate to an income of ~60k. If you're making less than that, a 2% no-AF cash-back card would be better.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.