cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what cards can you apply for that is a SOFT pull ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what cards can you apply for that is a SOFT pull ?

http://firstquarterfinance.com/soft-pull-credit-cards-soft-pull-store-credit-cards/

Check out this link , to apply for new credit cards with SOFT credit pulls

Questions,  are there any other cards that can be used ANYWHERE that is not listed on here, that is a SOFT pull to apply for?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what cards can you apply for that is a SOFT pull ?

Since of the SCT cards are V/MC. Just remember that the SCT still isn't guaranteed to be HP-free either...
Message 2 of 25
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

The damage from a hard pull is grossly overrated.  The sting from a new tradeline reporting and a loss of average age of accounts is far more damaging.  Although if someone is typically not going to be approved for most of the cards they apply for, I suppose the SCT and SP strategy could make sense to avoid racking up lots of HPs.

For most current American Express cardholders, new applications have been done with a SP this year.  Previously they were a SP if denied and a HP if approved in most cases for existing cardholders.

Message 3 of 25
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

For most current American Express cardholders, new applications have been done with a SP this year.  Previously they were a SP if denied and a HP if approved in most cases for existing cardholders.

Whatttttttttt? AE is a soft pull now if you are approved?

Message 4 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You still can be hp'd for approvals , even if current card holder its just been happening more often. YMMV as alwaysSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
You still can be hp'd for approvals , even if current card holder its just been happening more often. YMMV as alwaysSmiley Wink

That's true but the vast majority of new approvals in the last 6 months or so for existing Amex customers have been SPs

Message 6 of 25
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yeah I think for 2017 I have only seen a few rare exceptions to the new gentler "soft pulls all around" method Amex is trying out.  My SPG was a SP in March.  My last HP from American Express was in 2003.

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a HP in May to get my AMEX Corporate.  Another HP in June when I apped for my BCP. 

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a HP in May to get my AMEX Corporate.  Another HP in June when I apped for my BCP. 

If the BCP was your first personal Amex card, then that is why.  The corporate card is entirely different.

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can attest to the soft pulls from AMEX. I've opened two new AMEX small business cards, and no hard pull, just in the last 14days. 

(thanks to the encouragement of Irish ;-) ) 

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.