Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what creditors dont pull from experian

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

what creditors dont pull from experian

got denied a amex bce and i got access to my experian ... it seems like i have a bunch of inquiries on there 

but nothing on eq or tu .. i wanna apply for my credit but not if they are pulling exp since amex said i had too many inquiries etc

wanted to ask for CLI from chase but they told me they pull from exp as well 

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Re: what creditors dont pull from experian

There are plenty of creditors that don't pull EX but to help you better, what type of card are you looking for?

Edit: And don't apply for credit to just apply for credit. If something like an Amex or other EX pulling CCC is what you really want, just garden for awhile and try again in 6 months. There is no point in getting a card you don't truly want.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 2 of 11
colindidit
Established Contributor

Barclays.
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 3 of 11
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

well i want another amex mainly because they backdate. I was planning on getting an Amex SPG but I guess ill wait till next year and ill just garden my cards.

I did want to ask for a cli from chase since its been two years but I doubt i will get it since of all the inquiries on exp

Message 4 of 11
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1, Barclays pulls TU.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 5 of 11
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

im happy with my cards .. i just wish I could get higher CLs and amex spg is what i want .. maybe a USAA card as well

but i currently have 4 hard pulls on my EX and i think 1 on my EQ .. amex said i had too many inquries

Message 6 of 11
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Ge cards don't or at least mine done. chase and amex do. A lot of other cards don't. check that creditpulls databases on a competing site. It has a lot of info. Im not sure if I am allowed to provide a link to it here.   What cards pull from where varies a lot depending on where in the country you are located as well. Equifax if i remember correctly began as the Welcome Wagon ladies who would go to your house in the south and give you free stuff to welcome you to the neighborhood. They would keep track of some info on new people which eventually became equifax,  Experian came from a company called TRW but is now actually headquartered in Ireland. Transunion came out of chicago. Different companies have different deals with the 3 firms. For example DCU credit union pays equifax money to get fico scores for all its clients and thus get a discount cause of economies of scale so they pretty much always use Equifax. Check the creditpulls database...

Message 7 of 11
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

im happy with my cards .. i just wish I could get higher CLs and amex spg is what i want .. maybe a USAA card as well

but i currently have 4 hard pulls on my EX and i think 1 on my EQ .. amex said i had too many inquries

Thats crazy...Amex told you that 4 was too many????

I have 10 and was just approved for the SPG 3 days ago.

*8/10/13
Message 8 of 11
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

It was one of the reasons .. Also said my other Amex account wasn't old enough even tho they backdated to 99 .. I got the card in January
Message 9 of 11
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear that....hope you get it soon!!

*8/10/13
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.