Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happened to discovers product change

tag
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

what happened to discovers product change

ive been trying to product change my chrome to the cash back since May and they still have not come out with their "new" system. I think its kind of bs that they got rid of their product change without notifying people first. I have a feeling at this rate they may get rid of being able to convert cards all togeather since its been 3 months without any update. And the reps have no idea either. SMH i have no use for my chrome card anymore. 

Also why do they still have a website detailing product changes when you cant do it. Do better discover. Rant over lol 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: what happened to discovers product change

Message 2 of 22
uncredited
Frequent Contributor

@mfinsmi1 wrote:

ive been trying to product change my chrome to the cash back since May and they still have not come out with their "new" system. I think its kind of bs that they got rid of their product change without notifying people first. I have a feeling at this rate they may get rid of being able to convert cards all togeather since its been 3 months without any update. And the reps have no idea either. SMH i have no use for my chrome card anymore. 

Also why do they still have a website detailing product changes when you cant do it. Do better discover. Rant over lol 

Yes! I posted a thread about this a month or so ago as well.  It's very frustrating!  I figured by now they'd have fixed it, but no, no change.  I'm not sure why it would be down for so long, but the only thing I can think of (other than IT incompitence, but Disco is the last bank I'd expect IT incompitence from) is that maybe they're planning a card refresh and don't want people switching to cards that are going to be changed before a change announcment happens?  A number of cards have been revamped and Discos offerings are pretty stagnant, so it's probably time for them to shake up the offerings.  But that's really the only thing I can think of. I'm in the same boat, wanting to move the Chrome to rotating.

If you end up switching it over the phone or chat, let us know! I'm curious if they're doing that, and how painless it is.  Personally I prefer pushing a button myself to do things like that so I thought I'd wait for the online, but I've now missed 2/3 of the paypal quarter.

@FireMedic1That's the link that doesn't work, unfortunately.  If you log in and go to the page it just gives some message about online conversion being unavailable while they're working to enhance the process or something like that.  It's been that way for months.

Message 3 of 22
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I tried it and it showed my old closed Chrome card and my open Disco card. I didnt chose any. I know you have to wait a year for a second card. I cant remember how long I had the Chrome until I switched it. Then combined the 2 once it was done. Things change so much recently. Who knows what timeline it is to make moves. Might be not eligible yet?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 4 of 22
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 yah this is what it always says when i use the link, if they did infact want to improve it they didnt need get rid of the old way while they figured out how which makes me think @uncredited is correct in saying maybe they are getting ready to relaunch/change the card reward types :

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 12.31.55 PM.png

Business Cards:

Message 5 of 22
uncredited
Frequent Contributor

@AnonymousYep, that's the message I get.  That's interesting that it worked for @FireMedic1 .  Maybe it does have something to do with account age or something.  I think mine converted to a Chrome late October, so maybe they have a year minimum between "conversions."  Though that message doesn't sound like it's an individual message.

Message 6 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@uncredited wrote:

@AnonymousYep, that's the message I get.  That's interesting that it worked for @FireMedic1 .  Maybe it does have something to do with account age or something.  I think mine converted to a Chrome late October, so maybe they have a year minimum between "conversions."  Though that message doesn't sound like it's an individual message.

It sounds like @FireMedic1 was shown a choice of cards to select (one being closed).   I think it's likely (a.k.a. certain) that once one was chosen, the message we are seeing would appear.

Message 7 of 22
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@uncredited wrote:

It sounds like @FireMedic1 was shown a choice of cards to select (one being closed).   I think it's likely (a.k.a. certain) that once one was chosen, the message we are seeing would appear.

@longtimelurker Yep. Showed both cards. I went further and got the working on it thing. In a way @mfinsmi1 . If you got the Chrome. I believe you could have gotten the regular card instead. Scores and relationships Disco likes. They are a jealous lender and want to be the go to card. I desevered my 10k QS out of BK. Didnt burn Cap1 or any other card. But I got a 1200 Plat. As the Stones sang. You cant always get what you want.

Message 8 of 22
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 i tried to call customer service even they cant product change and they say we don't know when we will be able to again. But yes if disocver wants to be a main player in my wallet they are going to need to get this conversion back in action. 

Business Cards:

Message 9 of 22
Zoostation1
Established Contributor

I'm wanting to PC mine as well.  Mine was a secured that graduated to Chrome.  For now since I'm not at a year yet it's not a huge deal with the 2x cash back but after that it'll lose some value (esp if i get a 3rd CC).  I find it funny that when I call and ask about any news on the PC, despite no news on what's going forward,  they are telling me to apply for the cash back because my account is over a year old even though it's not (though I did burn them a number of years ago).

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.