Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happened to discovers product change

tag
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

Re: what happened to discovers product change

@CatsFaninLex oh yah i totally agree. People may argue here that you should have known the creditor has the ability to take away this ability.... i think i may have not gone with discover and picked a different beginner card if i knew they would fail to bring back the product change option. This card gets no use and i definitly do not want to apply for a second card for another hard pull, and plus the fact if they ever ask for my taxes i will be refusing so i am not wasting a new account for discover. 

Such a shame Smiley Sad 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 21 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: what happened to discovers product change

@mfinsmi1 wrote:

@CatsFaninLex oh yah i totally agree. People may argue here that you should have known the creditor has the ability to take away this ability.... i think i may have not gone with discover and picked a different beginner card if i knew they would fail to bring back the product change option. This card gets no use and i definitly do not want to apply for a second card for another hard pull, and plus the fact if they ever ask for my taxes i will be refusing so i am not wasting a new account for discover. 

Such a shame Smiley Sad 

If it appears Discover isn't going to change the PC policy anytime soon (or on the foreseeable horizon), why not close the card an call it a day. You've recently applied and were approved for multiple cards so it's not like Discover is anchoring your profile or holding it hostage. PC policies are a privilege and the flexibility of any lender. Not all do them and some change them from time to time. 

So, you have choices. If you close your Chrome card it's not like your AAoA would be affected in any way shape or form, especially when considering any rebuilding efforts over time. Discover never promised anyone anything. Things can change at anytime. No different than Affinity FCU recently changing their rewards structure.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.