cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what has been your AU credit score increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what has been your AU credit score increase?

Hi All!

I'm just wondering what has everyone's score experiences been when they were added as an AU to some high limit cards. I was just added on to a families members two cards that they don't use or if they do, they PIF before statement cuts. The two cards I was added to were an Amex BCE at $20,000 limit and a Barclay AA Red Aviator card at $17,000 limit. These two card along with my two current credit limits will total around $40,000 in credit.

I'm currently in the rebuilding process after completely ruining my finances during college. Current scores are EQ - 610, TU - 632, EX - 604.

Thanks for the insight!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: what has been your AU credit score increase?

Amex BCE will lower your AAoA as it will report as new. Barclay, if they report the open date the same as main cardholder, may help your AAoA. The limits will help with your util.

Try to report at most 30% of your cards limits (not AU) and work on other baddies you have on your reports. You can garden for 6-12 months, try to increase your own limits (if SP) then apply for other cards. You should wait for your score to increase to have better limits/lower APRs and no or few denials. Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ Thank's for the information. I know Amex is not backdating anymore, but I'm not too woried as my current AAoA as it stands without the two new cards is a little over 6 years. I'm currently waiting till September for my Cap1 QS1 credit steps to kick in. Hopefully I'll be among those who gets a $2-3K CLI....one can only hope I guess. 

I'll be in the garden till' at least next summer. I have no collections, but a few charge offs from Cap1 3 years ago that were completely PIF. Also have car loan and student loans that have never missed a payment in loan history. Hopefully my scores will start to increase here soon. 

Goal is get at least 2-3 cards with $5k+ Limit. Looking to have an Amex Everyday card, Chase Saphire, and Cap1 Venture in the future. More focused on travel rewards than cashback. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I added my fiance as an AU to my CSP and Amex.

She had literally 0 credit a few months ago and now has scores reporting of ~720.

Obviously the AAoA backdated to when I originally opened the cards myself.

Saved her years worth of effort, she is very thankful.

Message 4 of 6
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Being added to older cards make more of a difference than limits. Added GF and brother to some of my cards. As soon as the older ones reported. Both of their scores skyrocketed! Hers jumped 118 points in a month, his 75 points.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ I just saw on myFICO that the Barclay card was added. It was backdated to 2011 when it was opened. I saw my EQ score jump 20 points, TU jump 10, still waiting for Experian. They seem to be the slowest, I haven't had any updates from them in over a month. 

Hopefully when the Amex hits, I'll see some more jumps. Then it's fingers crossed when credit steps kicks in. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.