Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what has happened to BP Visa?

tag
spambait
Established Member

what has happened to BP Visa?

Was looking around various credit card websites & noticed you don't see it listed on any of them any more, and it's not even on Chase's website... also don't get much on it from Google.  It's a great card, and I still see apps at BP stations.  Is Chase planning to do away with it?  I hope not, as it's my second oldest (16.5 years) and primary card.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: what has happened to BP Visa?

I just found the card on the BP website.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
haiti222
Contributor

BP's brand name is tarnished and many BP stations have switched to other brands. Chase is probably doing the minimum required under their contract to be associated with this damaged brand.

Message 3 of 5
smc733
Valued Contributor

At the very least, Chase would convert it to a new card, they won't close you out if they end new apps for that card.  

There's also the possibility of it continuing to exist without new apps, a la the Chase Best Buy card or the American Express Optima card.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I don't know if Chase acted on the bad PR about BP. I mean, look at their own bad PR. Smiley Very Happy

But they did dump a lot of their co-branded cards a year or so ago (Borders Visa, Starbucks Duetto, etc.), and perhaps the BP card was part of that.

If they still have the signs up at the BP stations, that seems like a good sign. But I don't know that I'd want to apply for one now...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.