cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the easiest bank card to get approve( i dont mean cap1,hsbc or other with AF)

tag
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: what is the easiest bank card to get approve( i dont mean cap1,hsbc or other with AF)

@Anonymous wrote:

@ webhopper wow! i dont want to be in debt when you say use it like crazy, aint Zync is no spending limit, man i dont want to rack up the card and have no money to pay in a month..Smiley Sad

He means use it as your primary card, putting no more through it than you would otherwise.  The point is that there is some evidence that Amex takes your spend on your charge card into account when considering what CL to give you on a revolver.  So "like crazy" is relative.  If you normally put $300/month through credit cards, consider transferring that to Zync.  If you normally put $5000/month through credit cards, consider transferring most/all of that to Zync.  Obviously, you shouldn't start spending hog wild above your means such that you can't pay your bill at the end of the month.

Some people will tell you to start with a very low amount on an Amex charge and gradually increase it over time.  I think this is unnecessary.  Especially if you have a clean report and you are spending amounts that make sense given your income.  Now, if you have a lower income but you put $5K+ through your card every month because of reimburseable work expenses, maybe it makes sense to not charge $10K first month.  But I started using my charge card as my every day card from the first day and I've never had any issues.  Like with all things, it's still wise to have a backup card in case anything comes up, but so long as you have a backup, I don't subscribe to the idea that you need to handle your Amex with kid gloves. 

ETA: webhopper beat me to it.  Should have let him speak for himself.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what is the easiest bank card to get approve( i dont mean cap1,hsbc or other with AF)

@Anonymous wrote:

yes tannerk the blue card i see their is no AF..but try app bfore no approve that was lastyear , scare to try again..Smiley Sad

Theres also blue cash and blue sky. Do you remember the reasons for denial?

Message 22 of 28
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I totally checked my spending ability before sending 2k through it that first week I had it, I wanted to make sure it could do what I needed it to do.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

does any one know what Amex or Zync pull which CR?

Message 24 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

They pull EX 99.9999% of the time. Sometimes they pull additional ones, if your EX report is super-thin, or seems to have odd gaps in it. Every once in a blue moon they'll pull one of the others instead of AmEx.

AmEx is DEFINITELY NOT the easiest card to get approved for.

btw, this info (EX report, tough to get) is all over the CC forums. Not trying to bash you here, but it's a bit scary that you haven't done enough reading around here to know this. Smiley Wink

Asking questions is good, but you should also be reading through prior threads, because you'll find out stuff that you didn't think to ask about. Just sayin'.  

eta: freaking html...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 25 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

AMEX will primarily pull EX but has been known to pull others along with it if your EX file is borderline.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ LS it was too late to read your post..I app the zync they denied me,call in the Backdoor # denied of FICO pull EX man I was waiting for the to pull equafax or TU..
Message 27 of 28
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@ LS it was too late to read your post..I app the zync they denied me,call in the Backdoor # denied of FICO pull EX man I was waiting for the to pull equafax or TU..

That's unfortunate. Find out what the reasons for their denial are and then work on those items on your Experian report, and try again in 6 months if you think you've improved those areas that they didn't like. Good luck!

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.