cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is your favorite World MasterCard benefit?

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

what is your favorite World MasterCard benefit?

My Cap1 card was upgraded to World MC, and I am interested in hearing what, if any, benefits you use from that program.  I used the concierge ffrom my Visa Sig while I was in L.A. for some dinner reservations, but haven't really done much else with it.

Am I missing out on something nifty?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Drew
Frequent Contributor

Re: what is your favorite World MasterCard benefit?

How long have you had the card for?
Message 2 of 7
p-
Valued Contributor

@Drew wrote:
How long have you had the card for?

Two years.  It was a credit steps rebuilder platinum.  Last year the EO upgraded it to a green, and rasied the CL for me but said they could not upgrade to world or sig.  This week I heard from another poster about the rewards 800 number upgrading their card.  I called, and they transferred me to new apps, who transferred me to "card swap".  the whole thing took a bit of finesse, but in the end my Greenie became a Quicksilver World MC.

Message 3 of 7
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

If you're a golfer there are a few great benefits.  My favorite being able to play any of the private TPC courses.

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 4 of 7
Drew
Frequent Contributor

Do you have a good number I can call for that card swap department?
Message 5 of 7
p-
Valued Contributor

@Drew wrote:

No, but I bet if you call new apps you can get them to transfer you.  I'm guessing it's a new department created by demand.  The rep understood everything I said about wanting to PC vs. new app, the benefits, and what I wanted out of the card.  She was well informed about the differences between the cards, and what she was allowed to do for me.  I think segmenting these kind or requests away from general CS is a goodmove for Cap.

Message 6 of 7
p-
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

@Drew wrote:

No, but I bet if you call new apps you can get them to transfer you.  I'm guessing it's a new department created by demand.  The rep understood everything I said about wanting to PC vs. new app, the benefits, and what I wanted out of the card.  She was well informed about the differences between the cards, and what she was allowed to do for me.  I think segmenting these kind or requests away from general CS is a goodmove for Cap.

The rep even warned me that the card would not have raised numbers and might look unfamiliar... and made sure that was ok before converting me.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.