cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what limit is considered nice for amex as a starter?

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

what limit is considered nice for amex as a starter?

Just wanted to get some opinions from folks here..

I am sure that this question is kinda pointless since different profiles will require different limit to be considered nice.. maybe i just particularly wanted to know with my profile.. lol 

Maybe you folks can share some opinions?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what limit is considered nice for amex as a starter?

@Christina_xyt wrote:

I am sure that this question is kinda pointless since different profiles will require different limit to be considered nice.. maybe i just particularly wanted to know with my profile.. lol 

Anything $5,000 and over is decent.

Message 2 of 34
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

oh really.. i thought that they gave at least 5000 to most people just like chase freedom.. usually the starting limit wouldn't be too low...

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

oh really.. i thought that they gave at least 5000 to most people just like chase freedom.. usually the starting limit wouldn't be too low...

The record so far for lowest SL Freedom is $200 from my reading. So $5,000 isn't so common.

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

The record so far for lowest SL Freedom is $200 from my reading. So $5,000 isn't so common.

Are you referring to me? Because it's true. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Yes. I nearly fell off my chair when I read that. I always thought $500 was the minimum.

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

My starting limit for my first AMEX card was $4,000. was my highest limit at the time too. Freedom had $2,500 at the time which was my highest before applying. 

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Yes. I nearly fell off my chair when I read that. I always thought $500 was the minimum.

And even with the CLI I got last week from Chase (with 4 years of credit history with them... and credit history in general) it still isn't at what you thought was the minimum. Smiley Very Happy

Anyway OP, my first Amex (SPG) had an SL of $10,000, which was seemed very generous. Approved for it back in September. However, I applied to the EveryDay yesterday and was approved for $4,000. I dunno how their metrics work exactly. Just found it strange. Does it vary by card? 

Message 8 of 34
Chris679
Established Contributor

Amex BCE started at $2000 in 2010, Everyday started at $12200 in 2014.
Message 9 of 34
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

And even with the CLI I got last week from Chase (with 4 years of credit history with them... and credit history in general) it still isn't at what you thought was the minimum. Smiley Very Happy

Anyway OP, my first Amex (SPG) had an SL of $10,000, which was seemed very generous. Approved for it back in September. However, I applied to the EveryDay yesterday and was approved for $4,000. I dunno how their metrics work exactly. Just found it strange. Does it vary by card? 

I kinda believe that it varies by cards.. credit cards are a bit more difficult to get approved than charge cards as far as I heard from this forum.. So i assuming maybe it has something to do with the credit line...?

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.