cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's in your wallet? 2015 edition.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what's in your wallet? 2015 edition.

@Anonymous wrote:
My Wallet is:

Amex BCP (wish I could PC to everyday preferred)
Amex platinum
Amex PRG
Amex corporate Green
Chase Ritz
My Girl Sallie

bench:
Discover It (low CL and don't need rotating cat with Sallie)
Chase Freedom (same as discover)
Chase Amazon

Will Cut:
Cap 1 QS

What's so great about the everyday preferred?  The BCP seems to beat it out in every category save the signup bonus.Smiley Embarassed

Message 31 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yellowcake wrote:
Starting Line up:

1. US Bank Cash+: 2% restaurants 5% fast food, 5% Cell phone bill

2. Barclays Sallie Mae: 5% gas, 5% groceries

3. Discover it: for discover deals only

4. Penfed Travel Amex: 5 points/$ on air travel. Works out to about 4% cash back.

5. Barclays priceline: 2 points/$ Everywhere else

Bench aka sock drawer

Citi Double Cash, Chase freedom, chase slate, citi diamond preferred, Penfed platinum rewards, Bank of America better balance (does have monthly Netflix charged to it), PNC points.

If you don't mind me asking, why bench the Double Cash in favor of the Priceline?  Are Priceline points worth more than $0.01?

Message 32 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of my cards are listed in my sig and all get regular use except the Wells Fargo Rewards Platinum Visa, which offers pretty poor rewards despite its name. It's not benched (I do keep it in my wallet), but it'll be the first card sock drawered when I run out of space in my wallet for new credit cards.

Message 33 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
My Wallet is:

Amex platinum
Amex PRG
Amex corporate Green
Chase Ritz
My Girl Sallie

bench:
Chase Amazon

Will Cut:
Cap 1 QS

What's so great about the everyday preferred?  The BCP seems to beat it out in every category save the signup bonus.Smiley Embarassed

The Everyday Preferred gets you 1.5MR on non category spend (after 30 trans/month) which can be worth 3% or more if you know how to use MR (transfer partners). If you just want cash back then the BCP is better. 

Message 34 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
My Wallet is:

Amex platinum
Amex PRG
Amex corporate Green
Chase Ritz
My Girl Sallie

bench:
Chase Amazon

Will Cut:
Cap 1 QS

The Everyday Preferred gets you 1.5MR on non category spend (after 30 trans/month) which can be worth 3% or more if you know how to use MR (transfer partners). If you just want cash back then the BCP is better. 

Actually it can be worth 4-6cpp or 6-9% if used on short haul domestic flights using BA Avios with bonus transfer of 40%

Message 35 of 56
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I'm not savvy enough to maximize those mrs, UR's yet.

I will start using the BCE more next month. I'm really liking my new Amazon card, and I'm still using the gift card, so only dining, gas station spend (they count purchases, BCE only counts pump).

If get CLI on CU card, will put more spend on it. Otherwise perma sock drawer, since it gives me free checking (or cancel and re apply at later date). Rep at cap one noticed the drop in spend. May delete cap one if get cli on CU card.

Wallet as of February, BCE and Chase Amazon

Bills and occasional spend quicksilver

Bench CU visa

March Ax, Legacy Visa
Signature needs updating
Message 36 of 56
CaSHMeRe
New Contributor

Starting Lineup
1. Cap1 QS ~ Everyday Shopping
2. Ritz Carlton ~ Restaurants/Travel
3. AMEX BCP ~ Groceries/Gas (Demoted from everyday to just those 2 categories)

Bench
1. Chase Freedom Visa Sig
2. Amex Lowes ~ Business Card 
3. Discover
4. Amex BofA Rewards

Cut
1. Probably my AMEX Gold ... It hasn't been used in years.

Message 37 of 56
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Starting Rotation
Navy Fed Cash Rewards
Barclay Rewards

Benched
CapOne QS
DCU Visa
Navy Fed GoRewards
RCU Visa

Chopping block
Walmart
Rooms 2 Go

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 38 of 56
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Priceline rewards are credited immediately. With double cash, you have to wait until the statement cuts. I also push payments to my cards a lot, and with double cash I have to make sure I don't end up with a credit balance, or I won't earn rewards on those payments.

Message 39 of 56
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@yellowcake wrote:
Starting Line up:

1. US Bank Cash+: 2% restaurants 5% fast food, 5% Cell phone bill

2. Barclays Sallie Mae: 5% gas, 5% groceries

3. Discover it: for discover deals only

4. Penfed Travel Amex: 5 points/$ on air travel. Works out to about 4% cash back.

5. Barclays priceline: 2 points/$ Everywhere else

Bench aka sock drawer

Citi Double Cash, Chase freedom, chase slate, citi diamond preferred, Penfed platinum rewards, Bank of America better balance (does have monthly Netflix charged to it), PNC points.

If you don't mind me asking, why bench the Double Cash in favor of the Priceline?  Are Priceline points worth more than $0.01?

Priceline rewards are credited immediately. With double cash, you have to wait until the statement cuts. I also push payments to my cards a lot, and with double cash I have to make sure I don't end up with a credit balance, or I won't earn rewards on those payments.

Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.