Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what score to qualify for jc penney credit card

tag
ld81
Established Member

what score to qualify for jc penney credit card

hello, can someone let me know what score to qualify for jc penney credit card? thank....

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Re: what score to qualify for jc penney credit card

got mine with just over 600 a TU three years ago- started with $1200 CL now up to $1900.00  Good Luck with it.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 2 of 7
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

I got mine with a low-end score somewhere between 603 and 614 back on August 2009. Had a bunch of student loan late payments and no revolving credit line at the time. They started me off with a measly $150 credit limit. Then about 9-10 months later it got bumped up to $700, and then $1200, and then $1700 where it's currently at right now.

Message 3 of 7
vish1
Valued Contributor

I got mine even before fico would start scoring me. I had not completed 2 months on my first card by then. I had only 1 month status posted on my CRs when I got a instant approval for 300$ which automatically went to 1500 in 4-5 months.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 7
ld81
Established Member

thank all

Message 5 of 7
Joselito
Established Member

I just applied 3 days ago with FICO 670 EX 678 and got approved for $150. I have 1 collection paid 1.7 years old and a $300 Orchard Bank credit card 20% utilization ratio. I haven't been using credit at all for the last 7 years...paid everthing in cash...no debt. Average 5 years of credit history. $150 is pretty low but I been reading the other posts and JC Penney seems to increase credit limits within a year...I will use it and post any results.

good luck!

Joselito

Starting Score: Fico EQ 560 Jan 2008
Past Score: Fico EQ 674 April 2011
Updated Score: Fico EQ 680 May 2011 EQ 691 EX 687 TU 716 lender pulledCurrent Score:Fico EQ 760 Jan 2011 Sooo happy!
Goal Score: 800 For All!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

check whogavemecredit or financeglobe

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.