Not applicable

whats a backdoor # ?

What's a backdoor number ?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
treski
Frequent Contributor

Re: whats a backdoor # ?

Numbers you can call to recon your credit apps, or just generally get customer service.

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 2 of 5
Scamp
Valued Contributor

They're direct lines to CCC's Credit Underwriting Departments and people with actual decision-making, action-taking powers ('credit analysts', they're usually called), as opposed to front-line CSR's.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 3 of 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

how often does the backdoor number thread get updated?  i don't want to have to wade through pages of numbers to find 6 that don't work.

(don't get me wrong, i really appreciate that someone posted these in the first place.  i just think maybe one master list that gets updated would work better, maybe.)

Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

laz98 wrote:

how often does the backdoor number thread get updated?  i don't want to have to wade through pages of numbers to find 6 that don't work.

(don't get me wrong, i really appreciate that someone posted these in the first place.  i just think maybe one master list that gets updated would work better, maybe.)

It doesn't. The member who started it isn't even active here any more. Smiley Sad It just grows and grows and grows.

I've thought about trying to clean it up, which would involve calling all the numbers to see if they work, and the going back and finding all the other numbers for that bank and striking them through, but then I remember than I really do need a root canal, and I go do that instead. Smiley Tongue

If you're looking for a particular bank, I would start at the end and work backwards.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.