Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats a good balance to have for a $300 cc

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

whats a good balance to have for a $300 cc

i have a $300 dollar cc and was curious as to what i should keep my balance at when it is reported to the bureaus?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: whats a good balance to have for a $300 cc

less than 9%.
Message 2 of 5
wmarat
Valued Contributor

$26.99
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A long as you dont go over its CL, it doesnt matter from month to month as far as FICO scoring is concerned.

FICO scoring erases all prior history of %util when a new account balance is reported, and thus a new credit score is calcualted.

Your real concern with FICO scoring only matters in the month or two prior to your application for new credit.  Dont be too fixated on monthly balances until such time as you are ready to app for new credit.

Just dont exceed your CL, and make sure to timely pay the min each month. 

Be concerned about what is optimal when it matters.

Message 4 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

A long as you dont go over its CL, it doesnt matter from month to month as far as FICO scoring is concerned.

FICO scoring erases all prior history of %util when a new account balance is reported, and thus a new credit score is calcualted.

Your real concern with FICO scoring only matters in the month or two prior to your application for new credit.  Dont be too fixated on monthly balances until such time as you are ready to app for new credit.

Just dont exceed your CL, and make sure to timely pay the min each month. 

Be concerned about what is optimal when it matters.

That is not completely true.  If you have other revolving accounts then you run the risk of having the other lenders soft pull your report at any time and if they don't like to see your other accounts maxed out then they can do an AA.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.