Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats so special of amex card?

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: whats so special of amex card?

American Express doesn't allow you to get two of the same card? Whats the deal with that... I'll match my two Sallie Mae cards up against your BCP any day.

cardchart1.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 41 of 48
ecocredit
New Contributor

Our household consumption is not a whole lot. However, it is on the rise. The first AMEX I got was my BCE. Apart from the 1%, 2%, 3% CB rewards, I like their offers. They ofen run offers that have savings of 10% - 25% on purchases ranging from $5 - $100 which adds up TBH. Apart from that I love their customer service. I've never had issues with their billing and they're more than happy to waive off stupid fees if you ever run into them. It's my first and currently goto card for everyday purcases except gas because Chase Freedom is offering 5% CB this quarter on it. Also, they allow you to micromanage AUs Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 48
tiffjtiffj
Contributor

To be a part of the AMEX family is the annual fee I'd gladly pay.  I hope to someday to pay the $495 Platinium Fee like Christmas morning with no complaints whatsoever Smiley Happy

Current EQ 634 TU08 670 EX 627
Garden: Take #25 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Message 43 of 48
ecocredit
New Contributor

@tiffjtiffj wrote:

To be a part of the AMEX family is the annual fee I'd gladly pay.  I hope to someday to pay the $495 Platinium Fee like Christmas morning with no complaints whatsoever Smiley Happy

I detect sarcasm. Never pay AF unless the rewards + spending outweight it...

Message 44 of 48
tiffjtiffj
Contributor

I swear on everything, there was no sarcasm in that statement. However with my scores this isn't a transaction I'd be faced with for many, many, many years. 

Current EQ 634 TU08 670 EX 627
Garden: Take #25 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Message 45 of 48
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@tiffjtiffj wrote:

I swear on everything, there was no sarcasm in that statement. However with my scores this isn't a transaction I'd be faced with for many, many, many years. 

Don't be so sure.  A little time and proper credit management, you'll be posting your Amex approvals before you know it!  

Message 46 of 48
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@Pat94108 wrote:

I have an Amex, I don't know if they're special but I like their customer service and high credit line the most but I think Chase is good as well and on par with Amex in many aspects. My Amex is my oldest account so that's why I am sticking with them but it can be inconvenient since they're not accepted in as many places. Like someone said though it's not a question of being special, it's more do their product suit you? 

Absolutley. 

I think I'm kind of meh on AMEX now. It was so exciting to get my BCP - it was truly a "I've made it" moment in my credit journey. But I'm kind of indifferent now given the great products and CS from other lenders, namely Chase and Bank of America. Still on the fence about keeping the products next year - most likely will downgrade to BCE and Delta Gold. 

Message 47 of 48
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

@Pat94108 wrote:

I have an Amex, I don't know if they're special but I like their customer service and high credit line the most but I think Chase is good as well and on par with Amex in many aspects. My Amex is my oldest account so that's why I am sticking with them but it can be inconvenient since they're not accepted in as many places. Like someone said though it's not a question of being special, it's more do their product suit you? 

Absolutley. 

I think I'm kind of meh on AMEX now. It was so exciting to get my BCP - it was truly a "I've made it" moment in my credit journey. But I'm kind of indifferent now given the great products and CS from other lenders, namely Chase and Bank of America. Still on the fence about keeping the products next year - most likely will downgrade to BCE and Delta Gold. 

I am with you about downgrading BCP. I do still like the 3x sp cli and new amex cards will really help the AAOA :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.