Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when do CCs report to the CRAs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: when do CCs report to the CRAs

haulingthescoreup wrote:

I use TrueCredit, and I'm familiar with it, so I don't know which other services (CreditSecure, etc.) also show the full MM/DD/YYYY. No one will show this for EQ; even they don't show the day. (I think this is why EQ gets blank boxes instead of green squares on TC --that's my guess, anyway.) But if you can pull as often as daily, even if they don't display the full date, faithful daily pulling will help you find out.

Just for the sake of additional information:

CreditSecure doesn't show reporting dates at all.  Not even in the mm/yyyy format.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx, in my experience, report whenever they **bleep** (ooh! a bleep! it wasn't a VERY bad word, it was just 'd*mn'!) well please. They definitely report the balance from the previous statement, as mentioned before... but while they USUALLY do it right around the time the new statement cuts, in June they reported 2 weeks AFTER the May statement cut. I was checking and checking like a madwoman to see my lovely 'new'(2 months out of date) balance and even lovelier CLI, and it finally hit a full 13 days after the (new) statement closing date. The June statement has, of course, closed already (on June 25th) and I'm yet to see AmEx report to the CRAs. Now I'm expecting to see an update mid-month, as happened last month... we shall see!

That's for my Delta SkyMiles. The Blue I got in May is yet to appear - judging by past experience I'd expect it to show up shortly after the second statement closing date (which I think will be July 13, if I remember right) - but now... who knows!?

Message Edited by fevmlo on 07-03-2008 08:58 PM
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

fevmlo wrote:
AmEx, in my experience, report whenever they **bleep** (ooh! a bleep! it wasn't a VERY bad word, it was just 'd*mn'!) well please. They definitely report the balance from the previous statement, as mentioned before... but while they USUALLY do it right around the time the new statement cuts, in June they reported 2 weeks AFTER the May statement cut. I was checking and checking like a madwoman to see my lovely 'new'(2 months out of date) balance and even lovelier CLI, and it finally hit a full 13 days after the (new) statement closing date. The June statement has, of course, closed already (on June 25th) and I'm yet to see AmEx report to the CRAs. Now I'm expecting to see an update mid-month, as happened last month... we shall see!

That's for my Delta SkyMiles. The Blue I got in May is yet to appear - judging by past experience I'd expect it to show up shortly after the second statement closing date (which I think will be July 13, if I remember right) - but now... who knows!?

Message Edited by fevmlo on 07-03-2008 08:58 PM

What likely happened was that Amex reported when they always do, but the CRA(s) took longer than usual to update.  That happens occasionally.

If you have a monitoring service like TrueCredit, you can see the actual date they reported, even if it may have taken the CRA a couple of weeks to update.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am thinking of getting national city monitoring service. Do they have the reporting dates? Also can anyone give any feedback on how good is it?
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@oracles wrote:
hey guys, when do credit cards companies report to the CRA's? I know each company report at different times, so can we come up with a list of when each credit card company report? thanks reason being, i called citibank and the reps (spoke to 2) did not know when they report. HSBC CHASE CITIBANK AMERICAN EXPRESS WAMU DISCOVER ETC Message Edited by oracles on 07-02-2008 09:18 PM

Message Edited by oracles on 07-02-2008 09:19 PM

We can't make such a list because it's different for everyone. The vast majority of CCCs report on or around each statement date. A notable exception is HSBC, which reports on the last business day of the month. Amex reports the statement balance, but they report about a month behind.

HSBC: good to hear. I was getting pissed, they havn't reported since May.
Message 25 of 26
oracles
Valued Contributor

i am thinking about getting national city as well. Do they report the dates?
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.