cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when they say they need more time processing...that usual...

tag
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

when they say they need more time processing...that usual...

when they say they need more time processing...that usually means your not approved right?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: when they say they need more time processing...that usual...

That, or they need some paperwork or they are going to offer you a secured card with a $ deposit, or you have fraud alert on your credit report. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have a Chase MC and had applied on-line for a Chase Disney Visa due to an up-and-coming trip.  I was given the 'we need additional time to process... and will get back to you' message on-line.  Low-and-behold I received a call at work 2 weeks ago from Chase regarding my request.  A very nice lady verified my info, asked about my income, went over my current outstanding debt and asked what my plan was to take care of them and then said she would approve me for a card and to expect it in 7-10 days... cards arrived yesterday with a $2K CL, 0% for 6 months, no fees... I had expected to receive the customary rejection letter but was pleasantly surprised Smiley Surprised 
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

T--Rev wrote:
I currently have a Chase MC and had applied on-line for a Chase Disney Visa due to an up-and-coming trip.  I was given the 'we need additional time to process... and will get back to you' message on-line.  Low-and-behold I received a call at work 2 weeks ago from Chase regarding my request.  A very nice lady verified my info, asked about my income, went over my current outstanding debt and asked what my plan was to take care of them and then said she would approve me for a card and to expect it in 7-10 days... cards arrived yesterday with a $2K CL, 0% for 6 months, no fees... I had expected to receive the customary rejection letter but was pleasantly surprised Smiley Surprised 

congrats! what are your fico's
Message 4 of 9
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

what is yor score?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a Discover card Monday night and got that message. I got a call from Discover last night. They wanted to know if I had a mortgage (I don't), if I had a cell phone (I do and she wanted to call me at my cell phone to verify, strange), if I was a legal resident or citizen (legal resident) then she approved me for $4000 limit with 0% interest for 12 months.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

javi84 wrote:
I applied for a Discover card Monday night and got that message. I got a call from Discover last night. They wanted to know if I had a mortgage (I don't), if I had a cell phone (I do and she wanted to call me at my cell phone to verify, strange), if I was a legal resident or citizen (legal resident) then she approved me for $4000 limit with 0% interest for 12 months.

What were your scores for the Discover Card, any baddies on your CR's?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No baddies and my Equifax score was 699 before I submitted the app. then I got an alert from myFICO that I've been seeking new credit and got bumped to 703. I don't know what my other scores are.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright thanks,  I'm only lower 600's right now... But I am interested in a Discover Card... Looks like I'll be waiting a little while getting some more things in order before I apply for one.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.