Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when to check your report/score?

tag
danisgods
Regular Contributor

when to check your report/score?

i have had some major changes in my CL's / utilization/new accounts...

i would like to know when it the best time in the month to check my score/report?

is that on the begging of the month 1st -10th , middle 11th -20th or ending 21 - 30th?

anything helps, thanks guys,.

i just wanted to give enough time to all the new information that came through being reported.

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: when to check your report/score?

Have all these accounts posted new statements that reflect these changes?  For me, my all my CCs report within a week after the statement posts.  There are some cards (don't know which ones) that only report on a specific day of the month, IIRC.

Message 2 of 4
britishbooklady
Regular Contributor

I agree with Lel...it all depends on when your statement posts.

We have some CCs that post by the 7th of the month and others that post around the 20th - 22nd. You can usually gage it by when your payment due date is - the next statement will likely generate within a few days of the due date.

Do you have a monitoring service that allows you to pull daily reports? If you have that, then you can see what changes have posted to your CRs on any given day before you pay to pull another FICO score.

Starting Score: EX: 661, EQ: 662, TU: 694 [Lender Pull 12/30/2010]
Current Score: EX: 665, EQ: 680, TU: 710
Goal Score: EX: 750+, EQ: 750+, TU: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011
Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

To be even more specific about statement dates and due dates the new credit card law mandates that the due date be the same every month and that statements must be mailed at least 21 days ahead of when they are due.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.