which card to apply for

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

which card to apply for

TU 660
EQ 663
not sure of Ex

Which card do I have a better chance of getting...

Citi card
Chase
Delta Sky- American Express

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Re: which card to apply for

Really need to know your EX because one of those three CCCs might pull from EX.  I would suggest the AMEX Gold Delta SkyMiles because you can convert it to Blue Cash upon activation.

Any baddies?

Let us know.

Message Edited by SpecFile on 08-22-2007 10:03 AM
Message 2 of 6
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

My scores are about 5 points higher than yours and I just received my AMEX Gold SkyMiles the other day with 2k CL.  Got the 7-10 day response with Chase and won't apply for Citi because they don't report your full CL to the CRAs.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Specfile-
the last time i checked Ex was 621...Ex has an old collection account from 2002...unpaid, that i am sending a PFD....other than that, a 30 day late from 2001. no BK, no liens,
let me know if the old collection account will hurt.

thanks everyone
Message 4 of 6
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Let me reword what i said earlier about Citi.  Some of their cards report the full CL each month and some do not. 

How far along are you with that PFD?  If you can get that done before you apply that might help.  If not, you still have a pretty good chance of getting the AMEX Gold DSM card with your scores.

Message Edited by SpecFile on 08-22-2007 03:37 PM
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

About 5 months ago, I received the Discover More card. My fico score at the time was in the upper 600's (about 680 if I recall correctly). I had a great introductory rate (0% on balance transfers until April 2008 and 0% on purchases until December 2007). This card has really helped me consolidate my credit card debt and improve my credit. If all goes well, my balance will be paid off by the end of December. Starting in March, my total balances were over $7,000 in credit card debt. After aggressively paying off card by card and with the balance transfers, I'm down to about $2500 on my Discover card. I hope that helps!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.