Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which card to close first???

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: which card to close first???

After you close First Premier, KEEP calling back every few days to make sure you don't owe any residual interests or any fees. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 28
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i should have read the replies. good for already closing FP. as far as first national with an AF, call them and see if you can PC it to another product that dosent include an af or if they will discontinue appling AF's to your account. if that doesn't work, and you don't use your card, then consider closing it unless you feel it is worth keeping open. after all you can also request that they waive the fee every year if that is important for you to do.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 22 of 28
rogersave
Regular Contributor

They did not name FP but it said "our analysis of the credit risk associated with customers who have accounts with the creditors in your credit report" I closed FP a couple days ago, and got approved for an AMEX PRG today!!

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 23 of 28
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS! Smiley Happy since you applied to day rogersave, this is your chance to apply for a no af revolver. go for plain blue, it is from what i hear the easiest revolve to get approved for. amex centurion will not hp you apply for another card today.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 24 of 28
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@rogersave wrote:

They did not name FP but it said "our analysis of the credit risk associated with customers who have accounts with the creditors in your credit report" I closed FP a couple days ago, and got approved for an AMEX PRG today!!

Huge Congrats!

Welcome To the AMEX family!  I've read a few times or so about that being reason for AMEX to decline.

And remember, as others have said, check back with FP to make sure they're not charging you in an attempt to milk you for more. That's been posted here before too and unchecked, they can become a headache.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 25 of 28
rogersave
Regular Contributor

Thank you! I have called in and checked online, nothing owed

Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 26 of 28
rogersave
Regular Contributor

Closed Orchard bank today, not interested in a PC to a Cap1 card. I thanked them for helping me rebuild and gave them the boot lol. Im happy with my cards now. I will come out of the garden in 6 months for an AMEX revolver and I will be set. Thanks again to everyone for your advice.

Message 27 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.