Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which credit card to apply for?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

which credit card to apply for?

I am stumped from Lesson !!. We are to get 3 credit cards and 2 of my FICO scores are 615; the other is 595 (Transunion). Normally, I'd get the CC from the link provided at 

www.720 cards.com.

Howevre, there was a caveat in the statement that Philip said several times; "Unless you've had a lien or a judgement." In 2009, I had 5 credi card companies dismiss money I owed on my creditt cards as bad debt or zero balance or paid as satisfied. Is that considered a judgement?

All 3 las suits were dismissed and I have letters from each that indicated the Payments I had made were deemed satisfactory and/or settled the deb. Is this a judgement?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: which credit card to apply for?

Pull credit report. Even credit karma will work. Under Public Records you should find info if you have any judgements, tax liens etc
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 3
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: which credit card to apply for?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am stumped from Lesson !!. We are to get 3 credit cards and 2 of my FICO scores are 615; the other is 595 (Transunion). Normally, I'd get the CC from the link provided at 

www.720 cards.com.

Howevre, there was a caveat in the statement that Philip said several times; "Unless you've had a lien or a judgement." In 2009, I had 5 credi card companies dismiss money I owed on my creditt cards as bad debt or zero balance or paid as satisfied. Is that considered a judgement?

All 3 las suits were dismissed and I have letters from each that indicated the Payments I had made were deemed satisfactory and/or settled the deb. Is this a judgement?

I am trying to understand your post I have read i a few times and it is very confusing. 

1.  What does I am stumped from Lesson mean?

2.  Who is Philip said several times; "Unless you've had a lien or a judgement.".

I would say from what I am understanding that you don't have judgements but CO,  paid as agreed,

The law suit might be considered judgements because the debt was through the court system.

From your credit scores I would say you would have a hard time getting approved for any CC.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.