Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which hotel card

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: which hotel card

Thinking of  SPG being my next card (but many months away) for the same reasons.  Mine would back date to '94, and we do the Disney thing often...building toward stays at the Swan or Dolphin on site would be nice. Currently, I use my CSP for travel purchases.

For now I have quelled my app bug, but thinking SPG will be my next card, too.

Glad you posted the question!  Smiley Happy

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 11 of 15
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

for some reason I cant figure out how to quote.

But as for canceling the citi card. It is pretty worthless for me. I keep wondering why the hell I applied for it. I guess I got caught up after reading this forum. I guess I could hold onto it and just pc it to a world elite aa card.

Problem is that I dont want all these different point systems. I would rather have things that could work together. Like chase cards that accumulate UR points and the Amex card that builds MR points. SPG is different since they can transfer to so many different programs.

I dont believe UR or MR can be transferred to American Airlines though? So that might defeat the purpose of getting the aa card
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 12 of 15
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

darkfrosty, 

I can't quote either. ;-)

But read this link. It's very informative on this matter:

http://www.drcreditcard.net/fr-spg-vs-mr-vs-ur.html

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 13 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

I think you should just go with a general no AF travel card if you are a life traveller.
However if you have 1 specific hotel chain that you absolutely go to everytime you travel, you can always get a no AF version of that hotel card. Not sure if its worth paying the annual fee for your case. You can always play around with the math and see how it works out
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 15
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Hey thanks for the info guys and thanks for that link. These reward programs are so hard to follow. SPG deals with like 29 airlines while MR is 17 and UR is less.

I guess ill just stick with chase and amex  UR and MR. I just wanted to get an amex revolver so I can backdate.

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.