cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which of these 2 cards, and only these 2..

tag
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

which of these 2 cards, and only these 2..

I dont travel often and when I do, I usually use expedia or one of those sites.

Which do you feel you would suggest to a friend..

I do like the free night with Marriot on the anniverary, it pays for the AF with that alone, Hilton I believe has more co-branded cards and gives me an opportunity to get more points to accrue, but then again I do get a free night with Marriot every year. 

How would you decide? what would you decide? or would you at one point just get both? 

Amex Hilton

50k Points

Spend $750

No AF

Chase Marriot

70k Points

Spend $1000

AF $85

(Free night sign up THEN free night every anniversary, pays for AF)

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

Re: which of these 2 cards, and only these 2..

I think when you take into account that Marriott gives you a free night every year to make up for the AF the Chase Marriot Premier wins. I think it completely comes down to which hotels you prefer to stay at though. I'm parcial to Marriott so it gets my vote.

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
GOAL: 750 ACROSS THE BOARD
Last App: 10/13
Gardening Until: 4/14 (At least)
Message 2 of 3
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Re: which of these 2 cards, and only these 2..

Why do you want a hotel CC when you use expedia, etc?

Are you planning on utilize it and switch from Expedia? If so, look at where you travel and see what hotels are available.

HHonors points have a pretty rough redemption rate, so I would pick Marriott over them, but again, if you don't travel often at them, I would just stick with Expedia and get a more all-over travel rewards card.

For example, if you have a CC that utilizes Ultimate Rewards with Chase, you can get 2x extra points by using travelocity.com or 5x extra with hotels.com. If you have a CSP, this can be either 4x or 7x total, which can be worth much more because they transfer to Marriott/Hyatt 1:1.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.