cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whih barclay cards are easiest to get?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: whih barclay cards are easiest to get?

The only thing I dont like about my apple card is my 22.99% APR. Although its true you can use it anywhere, I personally would not want to carry a balance with it.

Message 11 of 25
Karunch
Contributor

I know that other's have posted that Barclay's isn't very BK friendly.  My BK7 was discharged back in 08/2008, and I applied for an Apple iTunes card this past July and I originally was denied.  The main reason that I was denied was because of too many inquiries (car shopping and opening a few new accounts).  I called the backdoor number and was approved for $2,000 after the recon.  This $2k CL matched my highest CL that was reporting at the time.  So Barclay's doesn't seem too BK unfriendly, at least with the Apple iTunes card.  But as with everything, YMMV.

Oh, and my 6th statement just cut so I hit the LUV button on my account, and was instantly approved for a $1,450 CLI. 

Message 12 of 25
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Karunch wrote:

I know that other's have posted that Barclay's isn't very BK friendly.  My BK7 was discharged back in 08/2008, and I applied for an Apple iTunes card this past July and I originally was denied.  The main reason that I was denied was because of too many inquiries (car shopping and opening a few new accounts).  I called the backdoor number and was approved for $2,000 after the recon.  This $2k CL matched my highest CL that was reporting at the time.  So Barclay's doesn't seem too BK unfriendly, at least with the Apple iTunes card.  But as with everything, YMMV.

Oh, and my 6th statement just cut so I hit the LUV button on my account, and was instantly approved for a $1,450 CLI. 

They've been great to me since 2 yrs post BK.  YMMV

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 13 of 25
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Karunch wrote:

Karunch, do you know if they did a HP?
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 14 of 25
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

someone here posted that they were approved for a barclays card after a bk... AND barclays were included in there BK... so i think there BK friendly.

Yep, that was me.  Approved for $1300CL 13mo post discharge, burned them for $6700 or so.

Wound up not reconning for the CLI, just sticking with it for now.  Apped last thurs, waiting for card to arrive, online account is all set up.

-SM

P.S. It was the white one, not the black one.

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 15 of 25
Karunch
Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:
Karunch, do you know if they did a HP?

When I hit the LUV button and put in my requested CLI amount, I asked for a $2,000 CLI to make my CL $4,000.  The system gave me a counter-offer of $1,450, which I accepted.  I called the backdoor number this afternoon to see if they could just up my limit to $3,500 ($3,450 just seems like an odd amount to have), but the guy told me that because the system automatically approved my request it was just a soft.  If I wanted him to up my account to a higher amount (even just $50 more), they would have to go and pull my credit (HP).  So since I don't want another HP on my CR, I was happy just staying with $3,450 as my CL.

So from what the CSR told me, if you do it online and it's instant, it would just be a soft.  But YMMV.

Message 16 of 25
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks! I'll be looking for the luv button in a few more months! Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LindaLu wrote:

I am thinking of applying for a barclay card next month...I have a bankruptcy almost 5 years old but have rebuilt my credit ...my credit report currenty has no lates and low utilization...I have a 695 credit score wth transunion... not sure of the other two..  I would prefer a travel card.  I was thinking of the us airways.

Which ones do you think I have the best chance with?  I have applied with them twice before and got turned down..I appled for us aways an the airtran and was denied...called for reconsideration and also denied

thanks for any help

Linda,

Before you apply see if the reasons for denial were resolved...if so then I would apply for the new Barclay Rewards Card. I believe you would have a good chance being approved for this card vs a travel card. They might be afraid you may leave the country and not come back Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 25
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

yes there are accounts on my credt report that say included in bk...I think they stay on there like tha for 5 years...would that affect me?

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LindaLu wrote:

yes there are accounts on my credt report that say included in bk...I think they stay on there like tha for 5 years...would that affect me?

Was that the reason for denial both times?

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.