cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who has made the most app's in shortest time.?.. besides the 'crimes against humanity' guy

tag
dominow
New Contributor

who has made the most app's in shortest time.?.. besides the 'crimes against humanity' guy

i hear about all of these sprees. some very successful some not so. i make 2 app's and i'm nervous as a bad boy in church. i have 3 inq's now and i feel dirty

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
RebuildingFlorida
New Contributor

Re: who has made the most app's in shortest time.?.. besides the 'crimes against humanity' guy

I added 5 new credit cards in January with 2 denials. First was AMEX and the second was NFCU which hurt the most because of the 3 HP inquiries.  1 HP to join and then one from both EQ and TU for the credit card app.  Then in Feb, I applied for the Chase Amazon ($2,500CL) and was accepted then a week later applied and was approved via recon for the Chase Freedom ($3500 CL).

And to make matters worse - at the end of January when I was sure I was heading to the garden - I had a mortgage broker do a HP on all three just to see how his mortgage scores compared to the ones I was seeing via Experian.com, Equifax.com, Transunion.com and MyFico.com.

So I am in the garden for hopefully a long time.

Message 2 of 17
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

Re: who has made the most app's in shortest time.?.. besides the 'crimes against humanity' guy

6 approved CC apps in 5 months. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 17
Open123
Super Contributor

For the past several years, I've app'ed for about 3 or 4 per quarter.

Message 4 of 17
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

11 in 3 months.  Two were rejected, DiscoverIT and Barclay's Sallie May. I've also been declined for a CLI on Amex Delta.  The DiscoverIT decline was a surprise their denial reason was an unpaid Tax Lien.  I do have a paid Tal Lein that was paid in 2008, I could have prob called to Recon it but didn't feel like it was worth it since not a lot of people take Discover in my area.  I was an idiot for even apping to Barclay's they are VERY inq and new TL sensitive and I have a long list of inqs from purchasing a car last summer, the new apps and a TON of new accounts.

Score about the time of the 'spree' 702, score dropped to 672 (I think).  But a lot of that was UTIL.  I've bounced back somewhat and once my UTIL is down even further I think I will be well above the 702 I started with.

Approvals:

Navy Fed CashRewards

AMEX Delta Gold

AMEX Costco TE

Chase Amazon VISA

Chase SWA

Chase Slate

Victoria's Secret (never used)

HSN VISA

Lane Bryant (never used)

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 5 of 17
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I have probably between 19-22 inquiries. Smiley Indifferent

Got 5 cards last year with about 7 denials in total. This year I got 4 cards with 2 denials (2 American Express cards, 1 Chase card and 1 Discover card). 

Message 6 of 17
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@dominow wrote:

i hear about all of these sprees. some very successful some not so. i make 2 app's and i'm nervous as a bad boy in church. i have 3 inq's now and i feel dirty

Well comparing two individuals with different needs and standards is kind of pointless.... BUT if it makes you feel better you're a credit app SAINT compared to me.  I did go count the inqs from my most recent report.  I'm at 42, with 14 of them being for one Auto Loan.

EX - 19

EQ - 14

TU - 9

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 7 of 17

I am very embarrassed to say that I have 6 inquiries on my report now and with what I've done in the past two days...I'll be adding another three.

Way to go, right? My credit score will be at 700 in no time. Not.

Discover IT $2000 CL | Amex BCE $500 CL
Wishlist: Citi Double Cash, Chase Sapphire Preferred, BOA BankAmericard Travel Rewards, Wells Fargo Platinum
Message 8 of 17
newUser0
Established Contributor

5 Apps (all approved) in 32 Days.

Message 9 of 17
afinch1992
Regular Contributor

similar stats as newuser ^. 8 a piece for TU and EX and 4 on EQ in total. Will probably add another for the fidelity amex within the next two months Smiley Wink

AMEX BCE 18000CL, Citi DC 15000CL, AMEX EDP 15000CL, CSP 5000CL, Fidelity AMEX 5000CL, Sallie Mae MC 7400CL, US Bank Cash+ 5000CL, Chase Freedom 4000CL, Capital One QS 6000CL, BoA Better Balance 2500CL, Discover It 2000CL, BoA Better Cash Rewards 500CL, Chase Amazon CC 700CL

TU: 756 EX: 755 EQ: 753
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.